What's new

Zelda64 Actor Viewer status thread

Cyberman

All right you two stop bumping this thread ;)

Erswhile it appears some progress is being made on Rice's plugin. It might be interesting to see what will happen no?

Had any time to work on your toy cooliscool?

Cyb

OP
C

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Yes; working on a color combiner emulator now.. along with reverse engineering the bone system. Nothing to show just yet, but soon.

Cyberman

Yes; working on a color combiner emulator now.. along with reverse engineering the bone system. Nothing to show just yet, but soon.

Hmmm bones That might be a bit tricky. FF7 was easy for me to find because of the way they put things together. Newer mesh style animation is more difficult to find the bones in and associate the vertex points with them. I guess I'm a bit lame when it comes to 3d model structuring at the moment. :D

Cyb

OP
C

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
I have no idea... LaC says it has to be done by hand, _Demo_ says it's all defined in the model's corresponding setup files, which I have no idea how to navigate like I do models.. tricky indeed cyberman. :p Though you say "newer modeling styles" ... this is Zelda64, whose engine/microcode were at least finalized in 1997-1998, not far away from FF7. BTW, I applaud you for your work with it, it's quite amazing. :)

Last edited:
OP
C

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Hehe, running fine in Windows Vista.. and according to glGetString, OGL 2 is fully supported by the hardware.

clipboard01pw0.png

mudlord

Banned
Hehe, running fine in Windows Vista.. and according to glGetString, OGL 2 is fully supported by the hardware.

So, the current situation with OGL in Vista turned out alright? Interesting....

anywayz, great progress BTW. I can't wait to see the finished product. :)

Miretank

Lurking
YAY Vista o/

And the project is going pretty well. Keep it up dude! :)

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
Well, doesn't look like you have Aero running... which was the situation with OGL in Vista.

mudlord

Banned
Well, the situation was that OpenGL in Vista was crippled. Like for instance, it was restricted to around OGL 1.4, instead of being around 2.1 (or the version that the video card natively supports). This was mainly due to MS emulating OGL via a wrapper, thus making OGL performance quite unbearable, and also completely removing support of OpenGL using Aero Glass (AFAIK there is still outstanding issues with Vista and OGL, but I can't confirm it, as I dont use Vista). There is a large post on the official OpenGL forums about it, which discusses the details and ramifications: Call to Action: Ensure that OpenGL remains a first class API under Windows Vista

OP
C

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
All that aside, I just finished the VRML exporter for ZAV, so now you can load up a model, export, and use it as you like. :) Right now just does vertices and faces, but working on vertex colors. Textures are far off - having enough trouble with them in the app itself! :sombrero:

Last edited:

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
I had to comment on this program you are writing cooliscool, this a neat utility you got going here.

You have spawned out from that kid that used to flame people in the forums. ;)

Nice job! I can't wait for a release.. :D

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
..from that kid who used to glue 486 motherboards to his bedroom walls.

Oh wait, I bet he still does ;)

OP
C

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Glue?! Thumbtacks!

And it was (and still is) a socket 7 board. ;)

CPUMaster: Heh, we can both say we've been there.. :p

Cyberman

MMMmmm still a mobo too old for my grandmother ;)
I still have a Pentium 150 if you want it.. the fan turns and I can warm toast with it ;)

cooliscool you thumb tacked a 486 too the wall? Well it was a tacky processor anyways ;) :D

On subject though, school holding you back on progress?

Cyb

OP
C

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Not really. My college schedule is pretty leniant on my free time. What's occupying my time now are friends, family, and my new R4 DS. ;)

With the capability to export to VRML, much of my idea of this program is done. Textures need a lot of work, and it seems for absolute correctness I'll have to rethink the layout of the program quite significantly (too much reworking for me to focus on atm). I'll probably release it before then, within the next few days (or Tonight if I can get some signatures here ;)) just without textures at all.

One thing I want to finish is the use of GluLookAt instead of simple rotation around the origin, to simulate a camera. Free looking in the scene works, but I have yet to figure out how to calculate Center X, Y, and Z values, so translation isn't quite in yet. All controls are FPS style Keyboard + Mouse run and look, so it's intuitive!

Last edited: