What's new

zelda windwaker

Coco

NO, it won't help. It will jsut make it possible to get past the telescope because you'll already have the item. The game would still crash when you get any item.

Zelda Skullkid

Where's your avatar at?
Coco said:
NO, it won't help. It will jsut make it possible to get past the telescope because you'll already have the item. The game would still crash when you get any item.

That means I could just get past the telescope, then keep playing until I recieved the next item, let it crash then load a map that is past that item I crashed at... Or the developers of Dolphin could fix a bug and save everyon a lot of map loading time :happy:

Here's another question. Can anyone actually save while playing Zelda WW? I can't, I can't use the "Save state" option, nor does saving in the in-game menu work either. What happens is I can get into the menu press X on save and it says it has completed the save, but when I check the last modified date of the memcard_a.raw file it says the date/time of when Zelda WW loaded the raw file, rather than the time it should've edited the raw file with a save.

DR.BETRUGER

Banned
What version of game are you using? Can you post the game save that this directly after the telescope? I realy want to play the Wind Waker. But can you help me with the game? I can not take the telescope, because i can not beat the old man with the sword.. What can i do? I have hit him one time, but after that when i try to attack him again , he hit me and a message apperance: The message says:"Wrong try B" The problem is, that the first time i have hit him with the B button, but now dont know, what can i do?:huh:

Knuckles

THIS IS THE DEMO VERSION FROM THE COLLECTOR'S EDITION GAME! It has been extracted from the game and is a working Wind Waker that ALREADY HAS 3 save on it ( island, dungeon and stealth). but even in those , WHEN YOU GET A NEW ITEM IT FREEZES!( like a key)

Last edited:

Coco

@Zelda Skullkid: Why are you looking at windows modification dates? Windows messes those things up all the time. Saving works fine in WW for me. In the full retail version of WW. I've had no problems with it at all.

You can't make a working save state with the demo version mind you.

Zelda Skullkid

Where's your avatar at?
Coco said:
@Zelda Skullkid: Why are you looking at windows modification dates? Windows messes those things up all the time. Saving works fine in WW for me. In the full retail version of WW. I've had no problems with it at all.

You can't make a working save state with the demo version mind you.

Your lucky then, because everytime I load Zelda WW (full version of course) all 3 game saves say "New Game" and prompt me to enter a name, even though I've previously saved. Perhaps it is the way I'm ending my Zelda game... Is it safe to just click the close button, or do I have to unload the rom then close dolphin?

Coco

I jsut close the emulator. I've never unloaded a rom. Are you sure you wanted for it to finish saving? If you want I could post the actual save file in dolphin format for you to try with.

Zelda Skullkid

Where's your avatar at?
Coco said:
I jsut close the emulator. I've never unloaded a rom. Are you sure you wanted for it to finish saving? If you want I could post the actual save file in dolphin format for you to try with.

Not only have I waited for it to finish saving (although it seems to save instantly) I keep playing for a little while then close Dolphin. What is Dolphin's save file format, is it the RAW file or something else? Maybe Zelda WW stuffed up the RAW, because when I first played Zelda WW with Dolphin it told me that the memory card was corrupt and needed formatting so I went along with that but the next time I played Zelda WW it said that memory card 'A' was corrupt again, even though it had previously formatted it.

I think I'll swap memcard a.RAW file with memcard b.RAW and see if that works.

Coco

Swapping it could work. Also it isn't perfect. I found if I made a save in Bust a Move I had to format it again and make the save. Which works, but for some reason I can't make both bust a move and WW recognize the same memory card. But once I format for one, if i just use it with that one it seems to work just fine.

Zelda Skullkid

Where's your avatar at?
Coco said:
Swapping it could work. Also it isn't perfect. I found if I made a save in Bust a Move I had to format it again and make the save. Which works, but for some reason I can't make both bust a move and WW recognize the same memory card. But once I format for one, if i just use it with that one it seems to work just fine.

That gives me an idea...
I only have Zelda WW, but since you have at least 2 games, you could follow the steps of my idea.
Load Zelda WW, then do whatever it is that works for you to make a save in the memcard_a.raw then exit Dolphin.
Now copy (not cut) the memcard_a.raw file to another place on the harddrive.
Load Bust a Move and save to/format the memcard_a.raw in the Data directory of Dolphin.
Now move (this time don't copy) the current memcard_a.raw file, this is the memcard_a.raw with a Bust A Move save in it, to somewhere else on the harddrive. Any folder besides the place you originally copied the memcard_a.raw with Zelda WW save will do. Now move the memcard_a.raw file with the ZeldaWW save to the Data directory for Dolphin.
Load Zelda WW, go to the memcard screen after the push start button screen. What happens here? Does it say that the file is corrupt or does it show the save you made previously? Knowing this helps people with multiple games and want to save without losing their save from another game.
Unless the RAW file doesn't matter and the save/load state functions work within Dolphin, then these steps should help a lot of people.

Hey, I switched around memcard_a.raw with memcard_b.raw and my save actually shows up rather than getting "New Game" shoved at me all the time. Although it could be because after I saved I selected not to continue playing, either way the save function seems to be working so I'm happy :)
Now if I find the time I might get that map making program and make a map to get past the telescope and I'll tell everyone my results here so that for those who are impatient for the bug to be fixed, they can use my method to bypass it (if it works).

EDIT: Has anyone tried copying a save from Zelda WW in the Collector's Edition, to Zelda WW the full version?

Last edited:

Coco

I'm wokring right now but just to reply to your edit.

No nobody has done that for the same reason nobodies taken a normal save. Because those saves arn't in dolphins format. The ones from windwaker collectors edition are normal WW saves, the only diffrence is they are part of the disc instead of being on a normal memory card. If you want to use them with dolphin you'd still have to add the header information (that dolphin needs)to the files for them to be recognized. It's something I plan on doing at some point, but I've got a lot of programming for work to get done right now.

spotanjo3

Glitch Master said:
WHERE DO YOU GET THESE ROMS:angry:!!!!! I searched for 6 hours and couldn't find any:(.

Geez! Read the rules and edit your message before someone see it and You are getting a ban soon.:bye3:

P.S. Ask for it is not allowed!:saint:

Rockmangames said:
Glitch Master said:
WHERE DO YOU GET THESE ROMS:angry:!!!!! I searched for 6 hours and couldn't find any:(.
Geez! Read the rules and edit your message before someone see it and You are getting a ban soon.:bye3:

P.S. Ask for it is not allowed!:saint:
And He can edit his message at 2 IN THE MORNING how?!?!?!?!?!?!?