What's new

Zelda Wind Waker with full textures?

Kiantsu

It seems that just speed is necesary (and maybe a Memory Card but that's secondary) for playing Zelda Wind Waker, then! But I think that the real challenge will be the new Zelda.

Good job Dolphin team ;)

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
Kiantsu said:
It seems that just speed is necesary (and maybe a Memory Card but that's secondary) for playing Zelda Wind Waker, then! But I think that the real challenge will be the new Zelda.

Good job Dolphin team ;)

... No. I personally think the real challenge for them will be Metroid Prime. FPS use up more CPU power, as shown with the N64. Although I don't know how it will fare with the new Zelda.

MGFox

The Quiet One!
Kiantsu said:
It seems that just speed is necesary (and maybe a Memory Card but that's secondary) for playing Zelda Wind Waker, then!

When I tested Wind Waker on Dolphin 1.02 (and every other released version), the game always freezes upon receiving the Telescope from Aryll, I'll assume its something to do with putting an item in the inventory.

Anyhoo, unless this gets fixed or anyone knows of a way to fix it (enlighten me if you do...please), Wind Waker will still be unplayable!

Cheers,
Fox

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
MGFox said:
When I tested Wind Waker on Dolphin 1.02 (and every other released version), the game always freezes upon receiving the Telescope from Aryll, I'll assume its something to do with putting an item in the inventory.

Anyhoo, unless this gets fixed or anyone knows of a way to fix it (enlighten me if you do...please), Wind Waker will still be unplayable!

Cheers,
Fox

Actually, no. MasterPhW managed to surpass the error in 1.02, and I'm assuming it isn't it 1.03 then. But, the fact still remains that I only think F|RES and Ector have tested that; I remember them saying something about it, mentioned it, but I can't remember if they said they got past it as well.

ector

Emulator Developer
I didn't get past it. No idea what the problem is :/

But the game is way too slow to play anyway, although it really looks fantastic now :)

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
ector said:
I didn't get past it. No idea what the problem is :/

But the game is way too slow to play anyway, although it really looks fantastic now :)

Well, I agree that the game is too slow to play. But it's nice having a very advanced game looking awesome, eh?

But, you didn't pass it? Hmm, I wonder if F|RES did.. I suppose 1.02 had something that allowed it to pass. Perhaps we should try 1.02 again and see if it isn't a fluke..

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Vile324 said:
... No. I personally think the real challenge for them will be Metroid Prime. FPS use up more CPU power, as shown with the N64. Although I don't know how it will fare with the new Zelda.

Er.. the type of game it is isn't what makes it hungry for CPU power; it's the engine taking full advantage of what the hardware gives it.. which Rare liked to do with the N64.

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
cooliscool said:
Er.. the type of game it is isn't what makes it hungry for CPU power; it's the engine taking full advantage of what the hardware gives it.. which Rare liked to do with the N64.

.... No wonder FPS used more CPU for the N64. :p

Pky

They are doing just fine...well done again Dolphin team !

Can i ask with what you do the programing(Visual Basic, C++??)

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
Pky said:
They are doing just fine...well done again Dolphin team !

Can i ask with what you do the programing(Visual Basic, C++??)

The Dolphin Readme said:
The Dolphin Information
Dolphin was written in C++, compiled with Microsoft Visual
Studio .NET 2003. It's not a .NET application of course.
Dolphin uses Direct3D for the graphics, DirectSound for
sound and DirectInput for keyboard.
For the graphical interface plain Win32 code was used.

:)

MGFox

The Quiet One!
As I apparently had nothing better to do today, I though I'd do a little research, therefore I've just spent approx 1h 30m playing Wind Waker on Interpreter...and it still hangs at the telescope! :doh:

I am using version Dolphin 1.02 without MasterPHW's INI and game code GZLE with Dolwin checksum C8. Oh...and it ran at an average of 1.45 fps outdoors and about 4ish indoors.

I hope this helps in some way, though I think MasterPHW would be the best person to clear this up! :whistling

Cheers,
Fox

Kiantsu

Maybe...

MGFox said:
As I apparently had nothing better to do today, I though I'd do a little research, therefore I've just spent approx 1h 30m playing Wind Waker on Interpreter...and it still hangs at the telescope! :doh:

I am using version Dolphin 1.02 without MasterPHW's INI and game code GZLE with Dolwin checksum C8. Oh...and it ran at an average of 1.45 fps outdoors and about 4ish indoors.

I hope this helps in some way, though I think MasterPHW would be the best person to clear this up! :whistling

Cheers,
Fox

DId anyone try to get the telescope with interpreter and wireframe? cuz in those photos it's in wireframe... maybe dynarec, or interpreter; but wireframe.

See ya

Pky

Can i ask something? Why in SSBM sometimes it crashes when the battle starts, and sometimes not. It's very strange.

Cheers, Pky!

Kiantsu

Pky said:
Can i ask something? Why in SSBM sometimes it crashes when the battle starts, and sometimes not. It's very strange.

Cheers, Pky!

D'u think that this topic is the perfect one for asking that? Try it in da compatibility post.

See ya

MGFox

The Quiet One!
Kiantsu said:
DId anyone try to get the telescope with interpreter and wireframe? cuz in those photos it's in wireframe... maybe dynarec, or interpreter; but wireframe.

I have just finished trying it in Dynarec with both Wireframe and Overlay Statistics (just in case :p ), but still no luck! I may try it again in Interpreter later..."may", its quite time consuming!

My only other suggestion is that MasterPhW has created a map to bypass the problem, dunno though, its not in his INI pack if thats the case?!?

Cheers,
Fox

EDIT: I've hit 50 posts...YAY! :w00t:

Last edited: