What's new

Zelda: Ocarina of Time PJ64 Glitch

Penguins

I don't know if this is fixable, but, if you save state when playing the Ocarina of Time (both master quest and regular) during a cut-scene, them close PJ64, then open up PJ64 again, then try to re-open that state, it turns the screen black and no controls. It also sometimes does this when you just save a state in normal gameplay, then come back and load it the next day. This does it in Zelda: Ocarina of Time V. 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2.
It is really frustrating for this to happen however, if you guys don't really feel like fixing it, there is a little work-around. Just load the game, if it goes black, DON'T SAVE!!! Rather, switch to the other video plug-in, while playing the game, then let the ROM reset, and then re-load save, it usually works well. I usually switch back and forth between Jabo's D3D6 1.5.2, and Jabo's D3D8 1.6.
Now I know it's not my system, it goes really fast, and is capable of most anything, including Dolphin. Anyhow, I've tried different settings with the video plug-in, and it still does that. Anyhow, that's probably just a glitch in either PJ64 or the Video Plugin.

Thanks,
Penguins

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
What version of Project 64 are you using? I use PJ64 V1.6 and always save anytime i want (including at Cut-Scenes) and it always loads perfectly. Try reinstalling it.

OP
Penguins

Penguins

Intel Pentium M 735 (1.7GHz) Processor
512MB DDR Memory
60GB 4200rpm Hard Drive
24x CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive
Video card - Mobile Intel 915gm/gms, 910ML Express Chipset Family (256MB)
Sound Card - AC'97 Audio

It's a powerful enough PC. 'k, so it should handle it. Also if the screensaver comes on, it goes black too. (but I always turn it off) :p

Last edited:

axcc123

Hungry For Answers
Penguins said:
Intel Pentium M 735 (1.7GHz) Processor
512MB DDR Memory
60GB 4200rpm Hard Drive
24x CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive
Video card - Mobile Intel 915gm/gms, 910ML Express Chipset Family (256MB)
Sound Card - AC'97 Audio

It's a powerful enough PC. 'k, so it should handle it. Also if the screensaver comes on, it goes black too. (but I always turn it off) :p

sounds like a graphics driver problem

Last edited by a moderator:

Clements

I suggest you do not use save states in this game. Instead, press start and press B. If you want to save, but are in a cutscene, turn the limiter off, and zip through it, and then press start + B.

Save states are not an infallable method of saving, since it merely captures the contents of the RAM, so is error prone. This is true of most emulators.

NeoNFITC

I often have these problems if I try to load the game before the logo loads. For some reason, the emulator has to initialize the 3D portion of the video drivers at startup or it won't get loaded at all. I'd at least wait to load when you see the spinning N at the beginning before loading a save state.
I have NEVER had a problem with save states in any version of OOT that this didn't solve.