What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project

Donbero

Luckily, I think I do have the source files... somewhere. Uno momento.

Edit: Just as I suspected, the host he uploaded it to no longer has the files. Hope he doesn't mind me re-uploading them.

Edit2: Here's a zip of his work. This one doesn't have the psd files. The one that does is much larger, so I'll try uploading that next. Also, this one doesn't have the images properly named for loading. I had to rename them myself to get them to load. If you want me to upload those as well, I will.

Edit3: Here's the renamed textures. However, I didn't finish renaming them, as it was a process of dumping and finding which texture was which. So yeah, this doesn't have all the textures, but the ones that are there are properly named for plug-in use. Last edit will be the psd files.

Edit 4: Aaaand here. I'm not entirely sure, but apparently the textures in this one and the second edit use Jabo's naming structure for textures? The one in the third edit, while not having all of the textures, uses rice's and 1964's naming structure.

Last edited:

MasterGunz2345

I see, i could of sworn seeing water temple in V5 pack, or maybe it was my other folder that had a water temple folder but it was just the water files.

MasterGunz2345

Luckily, I think I do have the source files... somewhere. Uno momento.

Edit: Just as I suspected, the host he uploaded it to no longer has the files. Hope he doesn't mind me re-uploading them.

I hope so to, because water temple looks gorgeous.

EDIT
The file I downloaded "zeldaoot.zip" contains other stuff as well. The water temple folder, would it be a good idea just to add that folder when the new V5 Pack comes out?

EDIT 2
XD i guess your second link answered my questions. I'll check this stuff in the morning, hope I don't miss much.

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

@Donbero If I remember right i was actually looking for these textures! Thanks for reuploading them. You have being a great help so far! I'll add this stuff to the pack, tho I would really like to see Chieftain459's work as his at the moment takes priority over these ones since he has being working on it for a long time.
I haven't seen steftheserb around much either lately.

Last edited:

Donbero

Fixed one of dutchMasta's textures that were bugging me.

Original:

Dutchmasta's original:

Dutchmasta's fixed:

Texture:
thelegendofzeldab093ff0.png

Save and rename it to THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#B093FF08#0#2_all.png

Then replace it with the one in OoT Water Temple\Improve

kristian826

droid take your time mate, quality over speed :), also I want to apologise for my behaviour if at some moments it looked like I am attacking you or something...

also nice to see those Water temple textures, they look really great...

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Hmm ok you guys decide, I either upload it tonight or tomorrow night.
At the moment I'm going to be uploading it tonight.

Last edited:

MasterGunz2345

@Donbero thanks for the water temple. But, which one do we use? The 3rd edit link sounds like we use that one, but like you said, some textures are missing, and the edit 4 link has all of them, which they are named differently. Which would I use for PJ64/Rice Video Plugin? Or, will the water temple be included in the new V5 Pack?

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

You require Jabo's latest plugin to load those textures in, but that means you can't use any of the other textures from this pack due the differences in name formatting.

MasterGunz2345

You require Jabo's latest plugin to load those textures in, but that means you can't use any of the other textures from this pack due the differences in name formatting.

Ohhhh I see. Donbero's pictures make it seem they'll work because the button icons, and the item's are in High-Res. unless, these were older screenshots

turpinator

Piledriver Program Advance!
Statement. Even though considering this is late, I supremely call bullshit on those people that are bitching the pack doesn't work because of something droid did. I got none of those problems you whiners are getting, I'm just noticing some textures, like the previous pack, were not done/fixed.

Also all those duplicates named off are pretty much my fault as I didn't like the folder naming so I decided to rename my own folders so I wouldn't go all spelling Nazi on someone. >3>

I am noticing some discrepancies, but I'm still assuming this has something to do with the textures saved a specific way, not droid's fault.

Donbero

Ohhhh I see. Donbero's pictures make it seem they'll work because the button icons, and the item's are in High-Res. unless, these were older screenshots

All of dutchmasta's textures were originally using Jabo's naming structure, which doesn't work with Rice or 1964. I had to rename the textures myself so that they'd work, but I wasn't able to do it with all of them, as it requires me to find the correct file name for each texture.

Railroads

@Death-Droid:
I don't know if you have found them already, but under Areas\Gerudo Valley, there are 4 Original Textures:
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#50232F42#0#2_all.png
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#1CBE57B0#0#2_all.png
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#63981303#0#2_all.png
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#4A9DCBF1#0#2_all.png

OP
death--droid

death--droid

@Railroads, yeah I know those are there, I'm keeping them there for anyone that feels like redoing them.
@Everyone I will be uploading the pack tomorrow night just in case any body has any more fixes with my mistakes or any changes they recommend to the structure of the folders or any more textures they want submitted.

Last edited:

chaoszerox

hires_texture
Edit 4: Aaaand here. I'm not entirely sure, but apparently the textures in this one and the second edit use Jabo's naming structure for textures? The one in the third edit, while not having all of the textures, uses rice's and 1964's naming structure.
dutchMasta's Ganon's castle is very nice too. All of that work also that includes PSDs, w00t, I might do some improvements on a few things ;)

Last edited:

ChrisHighwind

Statement. Even though considering this is late, I supremely call bullshit on those people that are bitching the pack doesn't work because of something droid did. I got none of those problems you whiners are getting, I'm just noticing some textures, like the previous pack, were not done/fixed.

I apologize if I sounded like I was whining, I had noticed your version was fine and was half-wanting to ask you to upload your pack. But I showed proof of my problems, and Droid also admitted his optimization screwed up the pack. I didn't mean to whine, just report a bug I had that most of the rest had. However, soon droid will release the unoptimized pack, and everything will be fine

EDIT: If dutchmasta's pack is close to complete, I just might take a look at it to tide me over until v5.

Last edited:

MasterGunz2345

I apologize if I sounded like I was whining, I had noticed your version was fine and was half-wanting to ask you to upload your pack. But I showed proof of my problems, and Droid also admitted his optimization screwed up the pack. I didn't mean to whine, just report a bug I had that most of the rest had. However, soon droid will release the unoptimized pack, and everything will be fine

EDIT: If dutchmasta's pack is close to complete, I just might take a look at it to tide me over until v5.

Yeah his pack is pretty neat. Although, the Water Temple pack won't work since it requires the Jabo Plugin. Although, one of the links have the Water Temple that works with Rice Video, although not all textures for it are there, cause your suppose to rename them the correct way, which is hard so I can understand. The one that requires Jabo Plugin I believe has all the textures. Hopefully we can get one that has all of the water temple textures to work on Rice Video Plugin. But forget that, lets just be glad a new V5 pack is coming out.:cheers:

Fak

He wouldn't have to worry about it if he'd stop screwing up. He can't do anything right.

Bear in mind that this thread is for the discussion of the texture pack. If you have any personal problem with anyone, start a new thread for it. Otherwise, don't post.

@Everyone I see what you mean, the optimization completely screwed up the textures, I forgot I was still using the unoptemized textures.
I'll reupload the new pack unoptemized as soon as possible.

The plugin support for PNG images is somewhat lacking. I don't know if they use a custom PNG loader instead of libpng or if they don't handle all the possible images, but basically the most basic image types are implemented. You can't even use a grayscale image with an alpha channel.
When optimizing an image, the program will make everything possible to reduce its size. That means it can try to use other image types to reduce the size. I tryed to talk about it in the plugin's thread, but I had no response.
The best thing in this case is to optimize the files one by one and see if it works. That can take quite a while, but you don't have to optimize it all. Make a search in explorer for *.* and order the files by size. Then, optimize the files from the biggets one to the smaller. When you do that to like 100 of files from 10000 ones, you will get like a half the pack's size.
I was trying to do that because I couldn'd use v4. When I started the game, 1964 (probably the plugin) just started to allocate memory and when it hits around 2GB, it went down to a few MBs, wich means that ~2GB were dumped to my graphics card. My system crashed. lol
That means I'm just not able to use v4.
You have to optimize the textures given the plugin's limitations.