What's new

Zelda Majora's Mask Lens of truth

-Shadow-

Banned
Ive got a problem with the Lens-of-truth effect in outdoor areas , just look at the screens , ive tried it with other plugins than that 4 , but it didn't work....
Any Idea whats the reason for this ? (it appears in outdoor areas only)

Last edited:

Rice

Emulator Developer
I guess it is working in my plugin, but with combiner problem. It makes sense since I haven't got to such a point to verify the combiner settings yet.

OP
-Shadow-

-Shadow-

Banned
Thanks , but , can someone help me with the stretched textures on jabos DX 7 Plugin ?
@ Jabo : Is the JabosDX7 Plugin discontinued or is it possible that there will be an update ? I'm asking cuz your DX7 Plugin Rocks :D

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
Ive got a problem with the Lens-of-truth effect in outdoor areas , just look at the screens , ive tried it with other plugins than that 4 , but it didn't work....
With Glide64 it works without problems afair.

desertboy

Xbox N64 Emulation Fanatic
Rice said:
I guess it is working in my plugin, but with combiner problem. It makes sense since I haven't got to such a point to verify the combiner settings yet.

It might be an idea if H3ad5h0tter could post a save state just before it.

OP
-Shadow-

-Shadow-

Banned
I can't post any savestates cuz they're 8Mb (2.2 packed) big (maximum allowed : 1Mb) ! And i've got another curiosity : The Invisible soldier in ikana canyon in the stone circle who gives you the stone mask remains invisible if you use the lens of truth , only his shadow remains...Just look on the screens (he is visible with Jabos DX7 , but the Hud is stretched !)
@Gonetz : It works , BUT please put multitexturing into your plugin , the Hylian plains are looking really crappy with only the 1st texture layer!
@rice : Your plugin can't draw the shimmer effects in Zelda (there are shimmering surfaces on the mirror shield or Link's swords and also on the N64 logo at Game Startup....)

If you want to see it yourself , just go there and test it (use lens of truth in the outdoor area of Goron Village or in front of the soldier!)

Last edited:

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
H3ad5h0tter said:
@Gonetz : It works , BUT please put multitexturing into your plugin , the Hylian plains are looking really crappy with only the 1st texture layer!
:) You must ask McLeod for that. Or buy voodoo2, it works perfectly with Glide64. Glide64 itself has multitexturing support since v0.1

OP
-Shadow-

-Shadow-

Banned
But there will be a problem : I can't play any new games with it.....
I'll try to build a second PC with my old parts only for N64 emus :D

desertboy

Xbox N64 Emulation Fanatic
H3ad5h0tter said:
Any Idea whats the reason for this ? (it appears in outdoor areas only)

I don't know whether they redid the graphic effects for MM but in OOT Lens of truth works fine on Rice's 5.0.1d (This is on the xbox port so I have no settings to tell you) Check in the emu64 review section I posted a screenshot of it working in there. Ignore me of course if they did redo the Lens of Truth effect.

new_profile

Gonetz,
Looking at your last screenshots of your upcoming Glide plugin, I think that it will be the best gfx plugin. Do you think that someone (having enough knowledge of DX or OGL) can rewrite your plugin to use DX or OGL API ?

hole that thought , just this moment copied the msvcr70.dll file from pj 64 folder into nemu 64 along with the jaboo plugin + its workin spot on ! forgive my total and utter noobieness on this situation > : O

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
new_profile said:
Gonetz,
Looking at your last screenshots of your upcoming Glide plugin, I think that it will be the best gfx plugin. Do you think that someone (having enough knowledge of DX or OGL) can rewrite your plugin to use DX or OGL API ?
No one seems to want to if they did have the knowledge, though.

OP
-Shadow-

-Shadow-

Banned
Moooo ! I've got a my new Radeon 9800Pro and the Lens of truth effect looks more odd than before , just look at the screenshot : (the right thingy seems to be the last picture in the framebuffer) . And in some cutscenes (the cutscene when I go 3 days back with the Song of time for example) the picture gets "pixeled" , when i put Framebuffer off, i see nothing , straaange....

1st screen is in Pic hibernia , though . The only place where that glitch appears .