What's new

XBox2 general hardware layout

Vegetable

Banned
AlphaWolf said:
Metroid prime was just designed by a company that has completely lost its touch and IMO will go the route of Sega soon. The FPS style play had nothing to do with it.
How could they go the route of Sega if Sega is making games anyway?

Alchy

Besides which, Nintendo didn't make Metroid Prime. Retro Studios did.

Nintendo hasn't lost touch at all. The Gamecube has seen some of their finest work. The sad thing is that the majority of the paying public wouldn't know good gameplay if it smacked them in the face. Hence PS2 owners failing to take notice of Prince of Persia, Beyond Good and Evil etc.

On Topic: All this talk of pricing is premature. It's not coming out this year, or next: the target was 2006 last I checked. That hardware will be fairly cheap by then.

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
AlphaWolf said:
Metroid prime was just designed by a company that has completely lost its touch and IMO will go the route of Sega soon. The FPS style play had nothing to do with it.
Meh, I wasn't talking that much about the game in general. Of course, older metroids was better! But it would have been better IMO if they hadn't used the FPS view.

Clements

Then is would have been tough to do the revolutionary visor effects in any other perspective.

Metroid Prime remains one of the FPS best games I've ever played, and in my opinion stays faithful to the earlier Metroid games.

Vegetable

Banned
Clements has a very valid point, and I do agree with him, Metroid Prime is still a very good game, and it definitely has a feel of the older metroids. At first I was a bit skeptic about it being in first person view, but the gameplay quickly changed my mind. It might have been harder anyway if it were in third person.

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Alchy said:
On Topic: All this talk of pricing is premature. It's not coming out this year, or next: the target was 2006 last I checked. That hardware will be fairly cheap by then.

Mid-2005 to Xmax 2005.

Source

sheik124

Emutalk Member
all i know is, i want to get my hands on a nintendo DS first, those other systems can wait :) i have an xbox, a ps2, a gba, an n64, a gameboy pocket, and a gamecube, do i really need anything more?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Vegetable said:
Clements has a very valid point, and I do agree with him, Metroid Prime is still a very good game, and it definitely has a feel of the older metroids. At first I was a bit skeptic about it being in first person view, but the gameplay quickly changed my mind. It might have been harder anyway if it were in third person.
I say to that, bah!
They could easily find a way to fix that. Like in every direction samus face, you could see through the wall or something.
The gameplay does not match that of the old metroid, but it's still good... well, kinda. And it does bother me that Samus can't jump any high anymore... you basically just speed around enemies to avoid them. I say to that, bah!