What's new

xbox 360 premium with hdmi connection

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
So far as exchanging, I have heard no such thing. But the premium still only has 20 GB, which is far too little for anything. Install 4 MMOs and the space is gone.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
You could get the elite, it has a much larger hard drive and hdmi. I'm quite happy with my xbox360premium though.

OP
G

gokuss4

Meh...
Does M$ have a step-up program to the elite version at least? Kinda sucks for early adopters that bought the premium with no HDMI. I know the new premiums don't come with an HDMI cable, but that's only $50 on amazon.com. So there's nowhere, like Gamestop, EB games, target, or even fucking wal-mart that has some sort of exchange program?

Doomulation

Official program? None that I know of. Of course, local stores could have such promotions, but I wouldn't know since I don't live there.
Btw, HDMI cables can be had for $10- as well. When it's digital, you don't need monster cables. Don't buy those overpriced scam cables.

Cyberman

HDMI <-- encrypted heavily patented interface the industry demands you use so they won't have there 'premium' content 'stolen' by people copying it.
That's what HDMI is in summary. Ironically it has an I2C interface in it (not that most people would know what that is), that it uses to see if what it connects too can accept HDMI 'content'.

I think a salesman/lawyer designed it. :D

Cyb

Doomulation

Tsch. HDMI is just the stupid DVI standard + audio + DRM. Although it's loads smaller than the bulky DVI crap.

OP
G

gokuss4

Meh...
Closest deal I could find was at a gamestop where I could give my xbox to them for $150 or $200.. then buy one with an hdmi out, basically it'll cost me (or my brother lol) $150 or $200. If we ever decide to do that.. a guy at my work says he has a 60 inch HDTV with 1080p capabilities. He says there's a big difference between 720p and 1080p. That'd be cool for watching HD-DVDs.