What's new

Wishlist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johann

Chankast rocks ^^
I think it would be a good idea if we had a wishlist thread instead of having lots of different threads of suggestions, so that way the forum is cleaner and tidy :p

Now that I'm on it:
I think it would be a good idea, in the case that someday Chankast read cd images, that ISO+MP3 images were supported (just like GENS and the SegaCD games ^^).
I prefer to keep my games stored in my computer, so the game loads a lot faster, but the audio tracks are huge and my hd space is small... :(

mezkal

Man on a mission
Johann DC games very rarely actually used RedBook Audio (what you refer too as CD tracks). More often than not they were compressed WAV OR MPG files. This would make it a lot harder to find and recompress them too MP3. In the case of GENS, SEGA CD's *always* used RedBook audio becase at the time they were made it was seen as the "latest and greatest". They were also conveniently located in the second session on the CD because that was the standard of the day for "multimedia" applications and games. Infact in the early to mid 90s Multimedia generally just meant "includes RedBook audio". :)

Cheers,

Mezkal

enb141

Well instead I hope that Deamon tools supports RARed or ZIPed images instead of your ISO + MP3 thing

veritron

I'm up for redbook support, GGX is ruined without the music.

A speed limiter function would be nice. Hell, this emu's almost playable anyway, put a speed limiter on it, all you have to do is upgrade to tomorrow's hardware and you're set.

Savestates would be appreciated.

I want esc binded so that it shuts off fullscreen, or at least have a method of binding that behavior to a key.

I'd like more accuracy and more speed, but that's just me.

Iso support should be put in too.

I have to say that if the emu could run at full speed on a 2 ghz p4 and had speed limiting, I'd be in heaven though.

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
Johann good idea! I think the nvidia bug needs to be fixed for sonic adventure 2 and phantasy star online, also i want to have a frame limiter too as playin ikaruga was at 100fps, and to maybe be able to play vms games on an emulated vmu too.

Lilwolf

Try the wrappers

Look at HowardC's wrappers.. They are designed to allow emulators to look like mame, so that you can use non-mame emulators in mame specific frontends.

Anyway, he spent a long time getting emulators to quit with a single key stroke. I haven't played with the chankast one yet (my arcade machine is WAY to slow... waiting a few versions of chankast to upgrade the machine...).. But others do a great job....

Mant0r said:
Signed!

We NEED this Devs :)

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Johann said:
I think it would be a good idea if we had a wishlist thread instead of having lots of different threads of suggestions, so that way the forum is cleaner and tidy :p
Please... It's just a suggestion, but a suggestion is a feature request in a special way, isn't it?
And the rules always say "NO feature requests!".
Sorry if I#m wrong but I think this thread should be closed.
(PS: Chankast is great and please ppl, the devs can't make wishes real! Give them time and they will release these things and if 1.0 is released you can add it yourself with the source! So please, not whining or other things.

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
MasterPHW_DX: We're not telling the devs to do what we're asking, we're simply asking them to suggest our suggestions (if that makes sense!)

BarMan

Proud Chankast Donater
DarthDazDC

In the emulation world, suggestions are usually considered begging and whining. The emulator programmer doesn't want suggestions and "feature" request mainly because they already KNOW what needs to be done people.

The devs are programmers and are fully capable of finding simple bugs and small mistakes in their own software. Suggestions and "feature" request only should be given WHEN and IF the dev asked for the publics opinion for them. Normally there is a alpha/beta testing team for this already.

So to put it BLUNTLY just have patience and wait and see what the next version of Chankast will bring with it! You never know what really kool things could have been added that you guys are "requesting" right now. :D

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
agreed with MasterPhW_DX and BarMan

you can name it wishlist if you want, it's still a request list...

2 BarMan :

480 GB for hds ? are you sure it's enough ? :happy:

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
ah. i admit. Ive made a mistake, the developers are tryin hard anyway to fix the core bugs and adding more compatibility to chankast, so im sorry for the post i made. But im sure that when 0.3 is released these features will be implemented anyway.

BarMan

Proud Chankast Donater
Nightmare said:
agreed with MasterPhW_DX and BarMan

you can name it wishlist if you want, it's still a request list...

2 BarMan :

480 GB for hds ? are you sure it's enough ? :happy:

Actually not lmao I'm upgrading next week to 2 300GB hdds :D
and moving 2 of the 160's to my other machine that has a 120
in it that's my friends.

mezkal

Man on a mission
Man this is beginning to piss me off. What part of "no feature requests" do you ALL not understand?

Status
Not open for further replies.