What's new

Windows ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plisco

Sevillian
Hi could someone explain to me why windows ME is so bad.
Also would it be easier for a network to be in place if this comp was upgraded to XP (all other comps have XP)

Thanks for any reply

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
It's just a overall crap os really.

I had it when I first got my computer and hated it with a passion:)

Vchat20

It was MS's desperate attempt to reincarnate win98 without the use of DOS. and since they did it in such short a time, it turned out to be crap. maybe if they bothered to take time with it, it wouldve turned out better, but they have to be so stubborn and fly through the project like no one's business. So, MS. Hope you have learned from this!!

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Just, think about it Win98 is less buggy and better than WinME, of course if u have the opportunnity to install WinXP, do it, it's better than 98.

BTM

Polish Emu Scene Member
Windows ME ,as said, is a total crap : problems with dos, offten BSOD, was meant to be like NT , ended like 98 that looks like NT ...

Go with xp - it should 'fly like a thunder' with your spec :]

Vchat20

Well, I would love to install XP, but my system wouldnt handle it. my system, is 4 years old! here are my specs:

333MHZ
160MB RAM
3GB HD (700MB Free)
60GB USB HD (49GB Free)
ATI 3D Rage Pro (4MB VRAM) onboard video
Creative Sound Blaster AudioPCI 64D (onboard audio)

P.S. do you think I should post my sys specs in my sig like everyone else?

OP
Plisco

Plisco

Sevillian
Thanks for all your info. I have noticed a lot of problems with ME and starting a network with my other xp systems was pretty tough and very unstable so it looks like I will get XP:happy:....when I have the money>_< . Is it easier to setup a network with XP?
Again thanks for all your help

BTM

Polish Emu Scene Member
Your CPU is a little slow - but it would menage to run XP - i had it running on C 366 , for a day or two :] cuz it takes ~1,5 GB space, and at that moment i had 8 GB HD

RE: PS , why no ;]

Vchat20

a day or two? I would need it to run for a lifetime! Cuz considering our finances, it would take like 5 years before we can get a new computer and even longer to just upgrade the cpu, cuz I would need to replace the mobo.

BTM

Polish Emu Scene Member
heh, same here , but this one (un)lucky day my comp died :]
CPU/MB was bourned dead , and i had to get a new one :]

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
Well 2k was kind of designed with networks in mind;) you shouldnt have any trouble adding the 2k system to a network

As for games it runs all of them perfectly, I have had no problems at all:)

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
They are pretty much the same in most respects, xp pretty much just has a face lift and a few other services. There is no major difference between the two.

mesman00

What's that...?
yep, 2k will run your games just fine, i have been using it for a while now, haven't had an incompatibility issues...go with 2k if you can afford it, otherwise XP will do just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.