What's new

Windows 2000recovery Console

skull1

im9i7
My Win2000 pc won't boot. I went to recovery console but it's asking me for an administrator password, i didn't set any. When i hit enter, it's says that it's an invalid password.
I've searched windows knowledge base but didn't get any info i need.

anyone knows what to do to login in my recovery console. i don't wan to reinstall windows, all my files are still in there.

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
skull1 said:
My Win2000 pc won't boot. I went to recovery console but it's asking me for an administrator password, i didn't set any. When i hit enter, it's says that it's an invalid password.
I've searched windows knowledge base but didn't get any info i need.

anyone knows what to do to login in my recovery console. i don't wan to reinstall windows, all my files are still in there.

Even if you could login, you probably wouldn't be able to get to your files. By default, the Windows 2000 recovery console isn't allowed access to anything but the folder windows is installed in.

IMO your best options would be to either do a repair installation, or put the drive in another computer and copy the files off of it and do a fresh installation.

Remote

Unplug the harddrive, walk over to a friends house, plug in the hard drive and access your files...