What's new

Will there be a configurable front end for 1964?

zman

I've been lucky to acquire what I use for hardware. The problem is I have a multitude of solutions for each rom to remember. I was just looking to see if a configurable front end for 1964 well be a reality someday.

I use evoodoo & glide 64 v0.5 for some roms that work better with glide technology.

I use direct X 9 with jabo's or Rice's plugin's for roms all other roms which depend on ucode or general display issues.

Whith the ability to use all the video plugins, I would appreciate a more serviceable front end. I realize I could do most of this one on one configuration already on 1964, but what I am looking for is the default configuration on 1964 with an over lap individual configuration with multiple options granted to each rom and a save in layout form for easy on off access.

Trotterwatch

You can do this type of thing with the per plugin selection settings. If you need help on this read the explanation in the readme file that comes with the emulator.

If I have misunderstood your question then I apologise in advance :)

OP
Z

zman

Trotterwatch said:
You can do this type of thing with the per plugin selection settings. If you need help on this read the explanation in the readme file that comes with the emulator.

If I have misunderstood your question then I apologise in advance :)

No I don't believe you misunderstood. Maybe I'm just thinking to my self outloud. I'm looking at the possiblilty to have multiple configs for each rom, partly because to me it would be easier to save a working config on a rom and then experiment off of that to enhance the performance of the emulator. Sort of like Save states but on the plugin in level. Where the frontend gives the options of multiple configs as in with the changing of the cf=1 or cf=3 buisness. The ingame on the fly config change may of may not work. For me using rice's latest plugin, I experiment on the diffent options to find the closest to right as possible. Where I'm going with that is, the rom Menu usually works well for me, but when the game actually starts, the complexities of the 3D environment gets the shaft. Or sometimes this goes in reverse as in Hot Wheels, the menu is screwed up, and the in game part is wonderfull.

OP
Z

zman

Now that's what I'm talkin' about. Surreal64 the Xbox emu has the picks to show what I'm looking for. It's able to combine multiple emulators that share the same plugins to enhance combatibility. For those who have'nt read the review on Surreal64 on this forum, check it out. I do not see why the pc users could not build the same type of front end (Emulator) combo to enhance combatibility. 1964 and Project64 could be the core and build the others around this. Maybe I'm just dreamin' or lazy. Who knows?