What's new

Why can't Lanky run?

Katfish

I have a problem in Fungi Forest, where Lanky races that rabbit. He has the upgrade to allow him to go faster, but I still get defeated no matter how many times I try - and I have won this race many times before.

Anyone else have this problem?

PS: I'd like to send out a huge THANK YOU to the guys at PJ64. Version 1.6 is a great inprovement over past emulators. I can finally use the rocket launcher in Conker, and Donkey Kong (to my surprise) also plays - not as well as the others, mind you, but at least it runs.

ens04

did cranky give you the potion when you can handstand and run faster than anybody else? If not, go get it from cranky

OP
K

Katfish

Lanky

Sure did - that's what I don't understand. He can beat the insect in Crystal Caves, and get the golden banana in K. Lumsy's island. Another glitch, I suppose. Even with the glitches (and there are others - like in Bonus Games), I haven't encountered the infamous CF problem that plagued this game in other emulators, and there are video errors. Still, it runs the best for me in PJ64 1.6.

OP
K

Katfish

Success

I don't believe it, but I was able to beat the rabbit - even though nothing changed for Lanky. After the race started, he built a big lead - until he ran into the Kasplat inside the tree, where I passed him. He never caught up as I won the race.:bouncy:

OP
K

Katfish

It's baaaack

Well, it did it again - back to the original problem. When my game glitches it will start my last character at the beginning of each level (like in Fungi Forest). I tried to P64 save it with each level, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Perhaps someone else can use this info?

Grey86

No need to worry about that Katfish, I've already attached a save file for Donkey Kong 64, with 101% completion (everything unlocked).
You can find it in the "Save Submission" thread.

I have to agree that the rabbit race was a royal pain in the @$$, but somehow I managed to beat it (like after 1000 tries and a little bit of luck).

AdamR

Bean
I am also experiencing this. I have the upgrade from Crystal Caves, but you run the same speed as the rabbit. Due to the time it takes to apply the upgrade at the start of the race, you can never catch up to him.

Any tips? :D

I am willing to skip this if it's possible to assign this banana as "claimed" via GameShark.