What's new

Who needs sex when you got......

smegforbrain

Mine is atleast three years old now, but I've never had a problem.
I think mine was from the second or third "batch" of PS2s. Hopefully I won't have any problems any time soon, as I cannot afford to replace the darn thing. :)

2fast4u

pj64er: ive had my gamecube crashing as well...in need for speed underground. its probably not so much the firmware of the console but the actual software you are running that causes errors.

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
Mine sometimes crashes with FreeLoader (if you guys in the USA have it, it's amazing - let's you play all regions on the gc) - but besides that, it's alright. I got mine within the early batches.

I think it is often just lazy development though, yeah.

Old gil

ha ha, those errors are easily fixed, may be explained in that article, not sure, too lazy to look but all u gotta do is take teh PS2 apart and clean the lense and ur done.. or if u wanna be lazy (works for Ps1 and blue disk games only i think) take a piece of tape split it in half and put it next to the hole so its not touching the actual disk part, just the plastic part next to it it would look like this

......... _ =
....... / \ =
.......||o|| =
........\ / =
..........` =
the 2 lines mean the tape, and yes i do realize i suck at ascii art but u get the idea...

Last edited:

revl8er

That Damn Good
Well that tape trick only works for a while and then it will quit working again. If you send it back to the company and they fix it for you then you get a 90 day limited warranty. If it messes up again then they might even send you a new system.

sheik124

Emutalk Member
the early PS2s had shit for lenses that kept breaking down, and all xboxs with thompson (RCA) drives break down frequently, oh well, i got a phillips drive in my Halo Xbox, and i bought a v9 PS2 so i know their reliable, as for gamecube, i have never heard anyone complain about it so i am happy with it too

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
Another option for those of you with broken PS2s is trading them in to EB Games. We give 30 bucks for them as long as they havne't been opened. Afaik Sony doesn't take them if they've been opened either. Consoles were never meant to be opened by the end user anyway. :p