What's new

Who emulates the ROM Body Harvest???

scotty

The Great One
Many would say the game sucks, but anyways, I was wondering that because I am not sure if I have the correct settings. Everytime I try to cross the bridges in the game, It is as if the game will not let me cross, and if it does my vehicle is tossing and turning on the bridge. Heck even sometimes the vehicle falls into the water.
I was just wondering what the right settings were.
I am using all Project 64 default plugins, and Project 64, after all it isnt supported by 1964.

Thank you

OP
scotty

scotty

The Great One
Every time I try to use Good n64, it closes when i try to audit.

scotty said:
Every time I try to use Good n64, it closes when i try to audit.
What I mean is, it tells to to hit enter to continue, I hit enter, and then it disappears

scotty said:
What I mean is, it tells to to hit enter to continue, I hit enter, and then it disappears

By the way, Yes I know that I am an idiot

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure but it might be windows ME. It's supported, but it's buggy too and maybe the bugs appear with your hardware-configuration. I'd recommend to use windows 98 or windows XP.

OP
scotty

scotty

The Great One
mightyrocket said:
I'm not sure but it might be windows ME. It's supported, but it's buggy too and maybe the bugs appear with your hardware-configuration. I'd recommend to use windows 98 or windows XP.

Yes I know that Windows ME sucks, That is why when I get a new computer sometime in the Summer, Im not getting Windows ME. If I knew how bad it was before I bought this computer, I would have actually not bought it in the first place.

I was also trying Goodwindows after I realized this, I was trying to figure it out. But I keep getting a bad command when I try to use it, a bad Win32 application.

OP
scotty

scotty

The Great One
re-downloading? do you mean Goodwindows, or Goodn64

haaaaaa.
That did the trick, It appears that there was an unrecognizable image size in the game

Weird, after I did that scan, the file dropped to 32 KB, when it used to be 12.0MB in size

OP
scotty

scotty

The Great One
I know that sounds funny, but it was a v64 file. I was surprised as you are. Eitehr the rom just withered when GoodN64 went through it, or it was a corrupted file. Now I either have to pull my a** out and get out my old N64, or I have to find another rom site, and NO this is not a ROM request, I know that it is in the forum rules

Buck_Bucholz

i like to put holes in my face
hey did you get ur comp of the buck a day commercials?......just wondering...he he he my ex gf's mom got that same model from there.... obviously i wasnt there to stop her.. but was a good sturdy computer for me anyway...couldnt do much though

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
mightyrocket said:

scotty said:

Yes I know that Windows ME sucks, That is why when I get a new computer sometime in the Summer, Im not getting Windows ME. If I knew how bad it was before I bought this computer, I would have actually not bought it in the first place.

scotty said:
I was also trying Goodwindows after I realized this, I was trying to figure it out. But I keep getting a bad command when I try to use it, a bad Win32 application.

Number one, gee wiz, a lot of people on Emutalk.net I noticed
are pessimistic about Windows ME. Number two, I seemed to have good luck so far with it on my configuration. In fact, when using hibernate mode, it shuts down and loads even faster than *any* other Windows version, including Windows XP. BTW, Windows ME apperently is based on Windows 98 SE, so compatibility should *not* be worse than with Windows 98 SE with 3D games. Number three, actually, it's Windows NT
(including Windows 2000 and Windows XP) that gave me most
of a hard time for me, stability wise.

What major bugs can I list with Windows XP?

Here:

One:
Windows XP installation locks up crashes when a GeForce 2 MX
is installed. Have to run the Windows XP installation process
with my Voodoo 3, Radeon or another video card.

Two:
Infinite loop Windows crashes when running a 3D games.

Three:
Windows NT is more likely to flip out over every little thing
than Windows 98 and Windows ME.

And Scotty, you receiving the error message
"This application is not a valid Win32 application" means
the GoodWindows file is corrupted thus you are required
to redownload GoodWindows.

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Ok, 1) Windows ME was delibretly made buggy, even though compability is the same, me screws and fucks up thing nevertheless. That's why it isn't recommended.

2) Windows XP's compability is quite good because most new software is designed with it in mind.

3) We all known Windows is not perfect; m$ never does it perfect because they don't need to. I can't say I love xp, this incredible annoying problem as you had has happend to me as well, just a little diffrent and i haven't solved it yet.

OP
scotty

scotty

The Great One
RJARRRPCGP said:

And Scotty, you receiving the error message
"This application is not a valid Win32 application" means
the GoodWindows file is corrupted thus you are required
to redownload GoodWindows.

Great, another corrupted file going through my computer, how many more corrupted files can I have it my CPU, more quarantined files that Norton has to keep in my computer, Im statring to hate my computer even more these days.

Oh, that reminds me, Windows XP is good, but Ill wait till Microsoft develops their next project, then I will get a new computer, after all when I get something, I find out one week later, that it is out of date already.

Rhovanion

Erm sorry for replying almost 3 years later, but I have the same problem and I tried everything mentioned in the topic. Good windows and N64 considers it a good rom. still I get the weird bug. I tried different emulators too but they didn't work lol. At some point in the game I can't continue because of this bug. I can walk through walls and certain objects (???). I tried using another version of the game but it the bug still reamained. Weird?...

what I mean:

I have to walk this slope:

stuck1.jpg

then I walk through it, wtf?

stuck2.jpg

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Rhovanion said:
Erm sorry for replying almost 3 years later, but I have the same problem and I tried everything mentioned in the topic. Good windows and N64 considers it a good rom. still I get the weird bug. I tried different emulators too but they didn't work lol. At some point in the game I can't continue because of this bug. I can walk through walls and certain objects (???). I tried using another version of the game but it the bug still reamained. Weird?...

what I mean:

I have to walk this slope:

stuck1.jpg

then I walk through it, wtf?

stuck2.jpg
try mupen and it should work better....