What's new

while searching on google

Im looking at reviews of doom 3 then i noticed the sponsered links
on the right side they're advertising downloading the game from suprnova. :huh:

Last edited:

smcd

Haha, sucks for id, it was up on August 1st on the "real" suprnova (no link provided). :( It's a great game, by the way! If you want it, buy it! (You need a mid-range to high level PC to fully enjoy it, however.)

OP
Quip

Quip

?
@Passive
Its still a sponsered link.

@sethmcdoogle
I'm looking at the reviews to buy it.

Anyway I thought it was interesting and wanted to share what I saw.

smcd

FighterFan said:
Dude Id should do something about that, especially if they're advertising on Google.

Agreed, let's all email id/Activision and tell on them! :p

(I'm still quite pissed at Activision, I bought Return to Castle Wolfenstein from BestBuy and installed it, then I can't play online because it says my key is already in use. Tried emailing them, etc etc etc, they never respond... but anyhow)

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
sethmcdoogle said:
Agreed, let's all email id/Activision and tell on them! :p

(I'm still quite pissed at Activision, I bought Return to Castle Wolfenstein from BestBuy and installed it, then I can't play online because it says my key is already in use. Tried emailing them, etc etc etc, they never respond... but anyhow)
Yeah know such thinks... the only way is to telephone the hotline I think (and pay much money for it) or get a new serial... :(
It's very sad to see such service!

smegforbrain

*chuckle* Yeah, the real Suprnova even mentions that the .com and .net sites are scams.

Regardless, Google could find themselves in interesting waters for letting an ad for any bittorrent site get through, as they are likely to get targetted by the RIAA and such before long.

smcd

Eagle, I believe he was referring to the SuprNova.com ad in the "Sponsored Links"

EdgeBlade

Brandonn
SuprNova.com is a scam site, where as the actual SuprNova is you-know where, and NOT a paysite. But "SuprNova.com" contains no files at all, only links to other sites that are free