What's new

which is the best file-sharing program?

yogaman

Banned
okay...there are many: but winmx used to be my favorite ..but now it starts to suck ..... a bloke told me that kazaa lite doesn't have spyware and used in combination with diet kaza it's amazin...... just about to check it out! Does anybody else know any other good progs?

winmx owns all, versatile, muti user downloads configurable as hell, EASY TO USE... if a lil ugly, but by far my fav

its a bitch to use, its search features suck, getting access to a semi descent hub requires like 40gig or something daft... you cant get search results from people if theyre already sending!! it has a lot of good files on there but its a bitch to use

2fast4u

directconnect is only useable (if at all) if u got a beast of a connection. im still using winmx or hotline (which aint a filesharing prog i know).

my connection is reasonable, but no beast... but i mean with 15gig plus of movies sat there looking pretty i cant get anythign good! arghh!

Martin

Administrator
It's quite buggy, yes, but none-the-less a great file-sharing program. There are very nice hubs where you only need to share about 15-20GB.

I can join one of my favorite hubs anytime, and get +1MB/s transfer speeds, since many of the bigger hubs are located in Sweden and a lot of people here use Direct Connect. Besides, having about 30 Tb to pick from is quite nice. :)

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
martin: I have about 10 gigs for sharing, got any reccomendations?

I have been using ed2k recently, nobody shares shit on kazaa.

Last edited:

Martin

Administrator
The following ones are my current favorites, 10 GB might be a bit too small though, but try. The first one is ace, but full atm.

imortal23.dns2go.com
shawshanks.no-ip.org
maximumspeed1.no-ip.com:411:460
proppen.d2g.com
divxzone.zapto.org

A little tip: Look for people with "BBB" it their nick, i.e. [BBB]1337, they generally have fast upstream :)

Good luck! :D

Allnatural

Never cared for Direct Connect. Morpheus was nice before it went the gnutella route. I primarily use eDonkey now.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Lets see, my brother likes Kaza but its popup ads are annoying. Smiff like Gnucleus I think, he must not have seen this thread yet or he would be the first to give you all the pointers of P2P. Me personally, I don't like generic P2P progs. I use a prog designed for MP3s (like napster) and the rest I get from IRC.

Josep

eyerun4phun
yea, i like direct connect though;)

/me looks back at his 100gigs of free space

yes, i like direct connect;)

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
back in the day when I was a pirate I only used IRC. IRC is a vast resource for warez/mp3z. You can find almost everything on Dal.net, EFnet and NewNet.

Anyways I don't really like to promote warez so... remember if you enjoy a program and its not from M$, please support the company and buy the software :)

Olger901

Banned
1 KaZaA Suck Cuz it has Spyware
2 KaZaA Lite sucks becaus it says the pop ups are removes while they aren't
3 WinMX is OK but I don't use it because I am not able to find ISOS overthere
4 Direct Connect is OK but only 1 donwload at a time(others go on que), you have to share at least ... gig and got lots of que times
5 mIRC ROCKZZZZ never downloaded any viruses with it. Always good files and not corrupted like on KaZaA and no fake filenames like on KaZaA, You only need a little patience with the queues

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
IRC used to be much better before broadband was in wide use and the bandwidth capping was put into practice, but now I prefer edonkey for big stuff (I use winmx for music downloads). The reason being is people actualy share files there, and if you use the links from places like sharereactor.com, its impossible to get fakes/virii/etc.

Harteex

Harteex das Brot
I prefer WinMX... there are very much japanese music there... :)
But for games and progs, I use Direct Connect.