What's new

Which emulator is better pj64 or 1964

Danman2327

I was just wondering if what emulator is better pj64 or 1964. I got pj64 1.6 and was thinking of transfering if 1964 was better

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Depends on your personal preference in the end. Project64 emulates some games better than 1964, and vice versa.

Personally, I just use Project64.

Toasty

Sony battery
I tend to use PJ64 for everything except Banjo-Tooie and Kirby 64, for which I use 1964 and Mupen64, respectively. But like was said above, each one has advantages and disadvantages, so which one is better depends on your preferences and needs.

A.I.

Banned
PJ64 tends to be better. It has also been more recently updated than 1964.

Not to mention more stable, like my bowels 1964 goes beserk with Rice (and hot indian curry) and is more prone to crash....

But honestly, why drag this old topic back?
It's as relevant as flywire screens on the space shuttle.

Thommo

It's only old to you, he asked because he was unaware...although for downloads sake he might have tried 1964 anyway himself instead of asking an opinion on a forum, but so long as he isn't spamming or trolling it doesn't matter, right ?

You are correct though, when I was using 1964 I found straight away that it was leaps and bounds better than PJ64 because it had one crucial thing that PJ64 STILL doesn't have yet, that being the ability to set certain roms to use certain plugins. But, there is a big flipside, I found 1964 to be unstable, many a time I would be half way through a Conkers Bad Fur Day session and 1964 would simply freeze crash. I have next to never had that problem with PJ64. So for now I just use PJ64 too and put up with the constant plugin switching, but I wait for any updates that include rom specific plugin options as and when they are done.

X-Fi6

Not to mention more stable, like my bowels 1964 goes beserk with Rice (and hot indian curry) and is more prone to crash....

But honestly, why drag this old topic back?
It's as relevant as flywire screens on the space shuttle.
LOL

And also 1964 hasn't really been updated in a while. It's been on hold for a long time now. Project64 is also having a lack of updates though...

Big Robot Bill

I prefer 1964 over PJ64. PJ64 likes to crash and be incompatible on my computer, while 1964 works fine for the most part. Also, I love 1964's GUI compared to PJ64's drop-down menus that never end. The only major con was mentioned before with Conker; it is the only game that does that freezing, and of course, is the main game I want to play. And, Mupen just won't work.

:1964: