What's new

when zelda WW2's coming out?

FAR

First Person Shooter
I'm really excited all about it. I do hope it comes out at the end of this year, since OoT, every 2 years a Zelda comes out.
Does anybody has the faintest idea when it comes out?

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
According to my sources, the POS computer system at the EB Games I work at, Wind Waker 2 is coming out sometime in November. Of course, the release date is subject to change, look at Halo 2. :D

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
Hopefully it'll be the last cel-da, too.

OoT took several years to create, and for good reason. I'd be happy if after this year we didn't see Zelda again until 2007, but when we did it would blow us away on the next-gen console.

Anyway, plenty probably disagree on the whole cel-shaded business, so i'll leave it there.

revl8er

That Damn Good
I think that they should wait at least a year before they make another zelda game. I just hope they get rid of the cell shaded look and go back to the other look. I don't have too much of a problem with the cell shaded look, but I just think they could make the graphics better. They should make him look like the Link from Soul Caliber 2.

Clements

Yeah, the cel-shaded look made the graphics look bland and featureless compared to some other cel-shaded games out there. Hopefully it'll be a whole new game since the Zelda releases follow a trend of games that compliment each other/share features/link-up:

-Legend of Zelda & Adventures of Link (both NES)
-A Link to the Past (SNES) & Link's Awakening (GB)
-Ocarina of Time & Majora's Mask (both N64)
-Oracle of Ages & Oracle of Seasons (both GBC)
-Wind Waker (GC) & Four Swords (GBA)

So we are due for another pair I think.

OP
F

FAR

First Person Shooter
GogoTheMimic said:
According to my sources, the POS computer system at the EB Games I work at, Wind Waker 2 is coming out sometime in November. Of course, the release date is subject to change, look at Halo 2. :D

It sounds very promising! I'm expecting an international issue of the game, not only a Japanese version for Xmas. I've started to learn Japanese anyway, but I'm far from that level needed to play the game. :)

blizz

I'm not really looking forward to this as although I like the mechanics of WW, I got really bored with the art style, it just made the game bland, whereas in TOOT each area had a different feel

Plus I think it would be accurate to say people don't have a problem with cel-shading, they have a problem with Link looking like a powerpuff girl.

Chibi Nick

Emutalk Member
blizz said:
Plus I think it would be accurate to say people don't have a problem with cel-shading, they have a problem with Link looking like a powerpuff girl.
Exactly... and I like the Power Puff Girls...

I just can't get over how Link looks. It was a fun game (too much of the boring sailing though) but eww. I liked the way the world looked and the way that the enemies looked, but I didn't like the characters, they were incredibly ugly.

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
Well, I'm going to state the obvious rrrrright now and say that Ocarina of Time was a far greater game.

Sorry, I'm just like fanboy 8,491,276, but... y'know...

I'm running through it all now again on the WW bonus disc, and... christ... it's amazing.

How about a GC / next gen remake? Maybe a cel-shaded remake?!

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I personally had no problems whatsoever with the graphics or how the enemys looked in WW, it was a very good game imo, shame it didn't last long.

sir_key

Banned
at first i didn't know what to think about the cell shading look... after the fire palace i was convienced that this game is teh rockz together with the cell shading look...

Alchy

Damn right. I loved the cell shaded look. The developers took a risk in the style department, and for that at the very least they should be respected.

I personally prefer WW to OOT, although both are great.

Clements

Let's hope they include more than like three proper dungeons (13 or more in Ocarina of Time, at least 8 in Link's Awakening, 13 or so in A Link to the Past) and get rid of the annoying as hell sea that took about 20 minutes to get to where you want even if you used the warping melody thing. Wind Waker offered me virtually no challenge, I don't think I ever died when I completed it in like 15 hours, and Ganondorf (my favourite character from the Zelda series) looked like a 'bishop chess piece' and I beat him in under five minutes. No decent Ganon-like transformation, just a really annoying thing nowhere near as good as Ganon in OoT...

Maybe they'll include more than two towns with people in this time. Couple all these faults with graphics that lack detail, enemies were pretty bland and hardly faithful to previous incarnations of Zelda, not enough equipment, tiny islands in a giant sea that are almost featureless and the fact that once completed I can't be bothered with it anymore the game is the weakest of the Zelda series.

It's so obvious that Wind Waker was rushed and is nothing on any previous Zelda's. It's even inferior to Majora's Mask, at least that had a proper storyline. I really hope they don't screw up the next one rather than dumb it down for a mainstream audience. If I can do Lufia 2 on Snes with little difficulty, then Wind Waker was a joke.

Last edited:

Viper_Viper

Clements said:
Let's hope they include more than like three proper dungeons (13 or more in Ocarina of Time, at least 8 in Link's Awakening, 13 or so in A Link to the Past) and get rid of the annoying as hell sea that took about 20 minutes to get to where you want even if you used the warping melody thing. Wind Waker offered me virtually no challenge, I don't think I ever died when I completed it in like 15 hours, and Ganondorf (my favourite character from the Zelda series) looked like a 'bishop chess piece' and I beat him in under five minutes. No decent Ganon-like transformation, just a really annoying thing nowhere near as good as Ganon in OoT...

Maybe they'll include more than two towns with people in this time. Couple all these faults with graphics that lack detail, enemies were pretty bland and hardly faithful to previous incarnations of Zelda, not enough equipment, tiny islands in a giant sea that are almost featureless and the fact that once completed I can't be bothered with it anymore the game is the weakest of the Zelda series.

It's so obvious that Wind Waker was rushed and is nothing on any previous Zelda's. It's even inferior to Majora's Mask, at least that had a proper storyline. I really hope they don't screw up the next one rather than dumb it down for a mainstream audience. If I can do Lufia 2 on Snes with little difficulty, then Wind Waker was a joke.

I totaly agree, it was way to easy. I personaly do not like the cell shaded, but I do not dislike it eather. OoT won many awards for game of the year and best graphics back in its day, and I hope that the next Zelda can continue on with its legacy. Some one said that they seem to release zelda games in pairs, then make a sequel to WW in cell shaded and a NEW series with intense graphics. the GC has the power, so use it.

Alchy

Clements said:

I thought the characters looked great. Especially the enemies, the transform effects were fantastic. The bosses all looked incredible, especially the first lava snake guy.

It was short, but games in general are getting shorter and costing more to make. I'd rather have a great short game than a shitty long one.

So anyone got any links for the new WW?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Actually, you know, the celshading IS what makes use of the GC's power. Do you think created all those figures n' stuff celshaded? I don't think so. It's realistic stuff which is being celshaded by the machine, probably or some sort. Or they transformed the things into celshaded.

Anyhow, I don't really see a future for the zelda games. Every since zelda 2 for nes, they've been going downstreams. Zelda 3 was an enjoyable game, OoT was crap, MM as well. And WW even more.

Sad to say, it looks like zelda is getting worse and worse. And if the new zelda game is bound to get here soon, do you think it will be celshaded, as well? Since a new gfx engine takes TIME, and I mean TIME. My guess is that it will use the same engine.

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
Agreed. I'd guess 3 years before we see a brand new Zelda with a brand new engine. Remember the wait for OoT?

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
Wind Waker 2 is going to use the same engine as WW, just like MM used the OoT engine. I can't wait to see some screenies and stuff. Of course, what I'm REALLY interested in is Silicon Knight's pres saying that he'd like to do a realistic take on the Zelda series, out of the question now that they went 3rd party though. :/