What's new

what's the best plugin for nVidia GeForce go 7600?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chesshaha

Today I got a new laptop, the video card for that is nVidia GeForce go 7600 256 ddr (dedicated). The first game I try to play was tony hawk 2, pj64 works only in the menu with some texture missing or wrong, and in game it's black screen with only audio.
1964's rice's plugin works in game, still with some texture missing ingame, but only in 1964. It will be black screen at the main menu with pj64.

Anyone have the same video card please tell me what's the best alternative plugin.

Thanks

gandalf

Member ready to help
Try with 91.31 drivers, works great with my 6600GT

And the best plug-in it´s Jabo´s D3D 8 1.6 (with 8xSAA and 16xAF works without slowdowns)

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
chesshaha said:
(with 8xSAA and 16xAF works without slowdowns)

What's that mean?
Full Scene Anti-Aliasing (FSAA) set to 8x and Anisotropic Filtering (AF) set to 16x in the graphics plugin configuration.

OP
chesshaha

chesshaha

thanks.

but, i check the nvidia website, and the latest driver is 84.XX where do you download 91.XX?

gandalf

Member ready to help
chesshaha said:
(with 8xSAA and 16xAF works without slowdowns)

What's that mean?
same as agozer

8xSAA it´s 8X super sampling anti alias (gives better quality than the most used multi sampling anti alias but worse performance)

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
gandalf said:
same as agozer

8xSAA it´s 8X super sampling anti alias (gives better quality than the most used multi sampling anti alias but worse performance)

actually 8xS, 12xS, and 16xS are a combined mode, which offers varying levels of Supersampling and Multisampling.

Supersampling straight out would be too taxing on the gpu. so it uses a hybrid method.

real supersamlping methods are show as

1x2 2x1 2x2 4x4

BUT, what i don't get is.

Clements, do you remember a couple yrs back where a certain set of NV drivers, caused the FX series to have 16xAA in the control panel. but it didn't work.

im not sure why it didn't work, becoz the FX series is capable of 16xAA as i have shown by taking some screenshots.

example...
2xaa

16xaa

2xaa

16xaa

Last edited:
OP
chesshaha

chesshaha

thanks for the help!

this is kinda off topic, but my laptops processor is Intel Core Duo T2250, 1.73ghz.

Do I do 1.73x2 to get the real speed?

Because im try thinking of getting prey, the min requirement is 2.0ghz.

squall_leonhart

no, the processor speed is still counted as 1.73

both processors can split the load so that each works on seperate threads of the game.

btw, Prey is opengl, and based of the doom3 engine,

i can play doom3 at ultra high settings on my rig (its supposed to require a 6800+ for that with 512mb of vram :D)
so it should run fine.

gandalf

Member ready to help
Your CPU it´s like an p4 2400mhz or more, so don´t worry :D

Back to the AA, i read something about Nvidia´s AA modes, i don´t remember the page but it´s full of information about the AA modes

squall_leonhart

its not actually.

it still counts as 2 seperate 1.73 ghz cores

but prey should run on it coz doom3 worked sweetly on my 1.66ghz processor

Clements

A Core Duo is faster clock for clock than an Athlon64 and the Pentium M in gaming applications. It will have no problems whatsoever.

gandalf

Member ready to help
squall_leonhart said:
its not actually.

it still counts as 2 seperate 1.73 ghz cores

but prey should run on it coz doom3 worked sweetly on my 1.66ghz processor
I want to said that it´s performance in single threaded aplications it´s like an 2400mhz p4 or more (much more i presume now)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
gandalf said:
I want to said that it´s performance in single threaded aplications it´s like an 2400mhz p4 or more (much more i presume now)
I would still say it's unfair to compare a Dual Core to a Single Core. Dual Cores are so much better than any single core. Even if you compare it to a single core, like your example, you should remember that the other core can eat up a lot of other things that the same core for single core would have to have handle. So, one core with dual core can do more with pj because it isn't as taxed with other things as when you are on a single core.
Hence I would say it's really unfair to compare them.

Status
Not open for further replies.