What's new

What Type Of Cables Do I Need To Transfer Files From One PC To Another PC?

mongo51983

Zelda Maniac!!!
I'm trying to find cables to transfer files from one PC to another PC. Can someone help me by letting me know my options on cables. Also do I just use the Files Settings and Transfer Wizard to transfer the files or do I need a different program?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
There are special cables to allow transfer between computers. Typically USB cables. They aren't that hard to find, so look around and you should find one. Though myself I always thought they were a pain in the ass because it never worked when you needed it. I mainly use flash memory nowadays to transfer things between PCs.

Clements

If both PCs have LAN cards then use a crossover (Cat5e) cable, which cost about £5. I use one with my corded Gigabit network to transfer files in seconds via simple file sharing.

BlueFalcon7

ok, not the most efficient method, and definetly not very cost effective, but none the less, my favorite, get this and this... I have both of those (i got my iPod before they came with USB connectors)

Jakob

evil *******
/me lubs ethernet over firewire:D gigabit ethernet just doesn't make it to it's top speeds like firewire does

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
There's another method of doing this but its only appropriate if the files are 10mb or less, you can use email - get yourself a gmail account and send yourself the files and download them later. if the files are bigger you can always rar split them... but the other methods are much quicker than this.

revl8er

That Damn Good
Well also i u feel like it, you can burn the files on a dvd or cd and then copy it over. Or like me, if I dont have a ethernet cable i just take the hard drive out of one computer and install it in the other one then copy the files and put it back afterwards.