What's new

What next then ?

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Neuro-links that connect to the synapses in your brain, transmitting "real" pictures and feelings, thus creating the most immersive gaming experience ever.

Jaz

Ex-Mod
The futute? Well, Nintendo machines will get smaller and smaller. Sony machines will get repetitive and even less original. And M$ will stick to PC's. :p

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
Only by then, the PC will be a chip welded directly into your brain through means of "special techniques", and thanks to the required product activation method M$ will finally control and own the entire content of your brain. All your good ideas will be automatically be owned by them. Possibly.
As for what`s next... spherical polygons. Yup. Good ol` circles are about to make a 3d comeback.
(I`ll leave that one to worry some brain cells out there mwuhaha)

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Tri-Force said:
someone watches WAY too much tv. this is not the PS 11

TV has nothing to do with it. It CAN be done, and when the research of the human brain and the neural system would be completed, it WILL be done. Much sooner than most people think, too.

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
that was a great movie by the way. Existenze or however you spell it. it goes into some stuff like this. the Gaming of the future type stuff.

Eagle

aka Alshain
DuDe said:
Tri-Force said:

TV has nothing to do with it. It CAN be done, and when the research of the human brain and the neural system would be completed, it WILL be done. Much sooner than most people think, too.

Sooner than you think, but we will all be dead by the time it happens. Most likely our grandchildren will be dead by the time it happens. I'm not sure what research your talking about but last I heard we know more about space beyond our solar system than we do about the human brain.

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Tri-Force said:
that was a great movie by the way. Existenze or however you spell it. it goes into some stuff like this. the Gaming of the future type stuff.

Yeah, but pretty weird too, and rather disgusting in some parts...

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Eagle said:
DuDe said:
Tri-Force said:

Sooner than you think, but we will all be dead by the time it happens. Most likely our grandchildren will be dead by the time it happens. I'm not sure what research your talking about but last I heard we know more about space beyond our solar system than we do about the human brain.

I think you`re wrong. Science has progressed in a very brief pace in the last century. Things that a 100 years ago were considered sci-fi, are now integral parts of our life. Of course, the research of the human brain won`t be completed tomorrow or next week, but it will happen much sooner than the time that you have stated.

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Eagle said:
What is that supposed to mean?

Well, when you call your machine `xxx2`, it's hardly original, is it? And I'll take bets now that Sony's next wondermachine is called `Playstation3`. :p

But I guess having a `sequel console` is apt for a console that carries pretty much only sequel games.