Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Wireless Laser Mouse

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Trackball, or Other

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters

A.I.

Banned
What's the difference beteen an optical mouse and a laser mouse? I thought the optical uses a laser or something or maybe I'm getting confused with the red light underneath my mouse. Also can someone recomend me a good gaming mouse, preferably wired, for under $100?

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Laser mouses are more accurate, and uses a laser to map the area it sits on to determine how far the mouse has moved. With an optical mouse its actually just a light. You can't even see the laser on a laser mouse.

A.I.

Banned
ScottJC said:
Laser mouses are more accurate, and uses a laser to map the area it sits on to determine how far the mouse has moved. With an optical mouse its actually just a light. You can't even see the laser on a laser mouse.

So are laser mouses better for games like FPS?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Optical mice have a tendency to sometimes jump from point A to point B suddenly. If the mose has this behavior often, it's better to buy a new mouse.

Personally, I find that optical mice work with FPS games just fine.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Not really, trackballs take a lot of getting used to and I absolutely despised the one I owned.

A.I.

Banned
ScottJC said:
Not really, trackballs take a lot of getting used to and I absolutely despised the one I owned.

It takes alot of skill to handle one's ball... Dropped the other one! :bouncy:

Shpongled

News Junkie
I thought about buying one of those trackballs (is that what those ones are called that you don't move, but you just roll the ball around on top of it?) after meeting a Tauren Druid on WoW who was an amazing PvPer and swore by his. :)

But, alas, I use a Microsoft Optical Mouse. :p Got the thumb button mapped to "Show Desktop."

Typify

Nolife
A basic wired Microsoft laser mouse with 2 buttons + the wheel thing in the middle. And I am perfectly happy with it. :)

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
ScottJC said:

there not that bad u use 2 fingers to seek the thumb to click

it's easy and 2x faster