What's new

What Is Harder, JavaScript Or PHP?

Mahaon

Banned
Hey all,

Maybe seems like an odd question to ask but the reason I ask is because I am learning JavaScript which I find fairly hard to pick up and I am going to start learning PHP soon and so I wondered if I am going to find it easier or harder than JavaScript?

smcd

These are often used for different reasons. PHP is more for server side scripting while javascript is more directed at client side / presentation wise. Also, they tend to be used in conjunction with one another - there is no "harder" really, it's a matter of personal opinion/experience.

EDIT: ah, i see the "spammers" content now, in the sig...

Cyberman

PHP nicer looking than JS o_O... Hell no! lol

I prefer JS much over PHP. I've never used JS in web programming though.
Yes.. that is great save you need to realize that is your preference not necessarily everyone elses, it might even be a minority view. Just remember it's your view ;)

Anyhow To be blunt JS is only as useful as the API and JS varies in usability considerably depending on that API. JS in itself is/was free for everyone, unfortunately it's been heavily bastardized by a certain well known company.

Cyb

smcd

Yes.. that is great save you need to realize that is your preference not necessarily everyone elses, it might even be a minority view. Just remember it's your view ;)

Anyhow To be blunt JS is only as useful as the API and JS varies in usability considerably depending on that API. JS in itself is/was free for everyone, unfortunately it's been heavily bastardized by a certain well known company.

Cyb

Well that certain well known company did sort of help (bastardize in a good way) for the now-loved/loathed ajax "technology" :p