What's new

what game next?

JevilKnevil

I got my cube for xmas and I got Metroid with it. I've borrowed Zelda and Double Dash from a friend and have been playing them both allot.
What game should I buy next? I was thinking of 1080:Avlanche or Soul Calibur II. I dont want to buy a game that is also available for the PC. Any ideas?

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
It's all a matter of preference, I'd say get mario sunshine cheap on ebay or something, good starter game.

starlight

JevilKnevil said:
I got my cube for xmas and I got Metroid with it. I've borrowed Zelda and Double Dash from a friend and have been playing them both allot.
What game should I buy next? I was thinking of 1080:Avlanche or Soul Calibur II. I dont want to buy a game that is also available for the PC. Any ideas?

I'd recommend Skies of Arcadia Legends and Eternal Darkness

2fast4u

if you care for another racing game get f-zero gx, tho youll notice it doesnt quite stack up against mkdd.

OP
JevilKnevil

JevilKnevil

F-Zero sounds like another good choice. BTW, i'm not paying for my next game (won a bet against my dad...) so it doesn't have to be cheap. :happy:

jollyrancher

it doesn't have to be cheap.

So the bet was any video game, regardless of price? That's cool, I'd go with the Nintendo World Championship 1990 gold cart. Only 20-something were made and it goes for around $7,000.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
2fast4u said:
if you care for another racing game get f-zero gx, tho youll notice it doesnt quite stack up against mkdd.

They're two different styles of racer... DD has the whole item strategy, while GX is pretty much pure driving skill. Yes, there is some skill in DD, but it's too easy to get nailed by a blue spiny shell, lightning bolted, and then hit by another blue spiny shell on the home FUCKING stretch. <_< >_>

Jaz

Ex-Mod
You may want to pick up Smash Bros, very cheap at the moment. I'd also recommend XIII, I'm having alot of fun on that one.

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
Animal Crossing's definatly on my list to get, looks pretty sweet. I'd go for the new sonic game, too. Whatever it's called. Played it for a few minutes at gamecrazy a couple days ago, and it plays pretty well. Of course, if you want a definate answer, rent a couple of any of the games mentioned before you buy it, because if I were you, I'd go for a safe bet rather than buy something you'll regret (though with the games mentioned by everyone, that's not very likely). renting first has usually been my motto. :)

OP
JevilKnevil

JevilKnevil

jollyrancher said:
So the bet was any video game, regardless of price? That's cool, I'd go with the Nintendo World Championship 1990 gold cart. Only 20-something were made and it goes for around $7,000.

Mmm, sounds tempting. But then again...
PoP and XIII both are available for the PC so I'm still leaning towards F-Zero or 1080 - 4 plr splitscreen phun!

Last edited: