What's new

What do you want in Project64 ?

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Imhotep said:
Great. Now if you read my post again, you will discover that I suggested to have an "OPTION" for that feature. If you don't like it, don't check it? Hint hint?

:baaa:

there is no need for this option because ALL the shortcuts can be changed to anything you want. (the defaults will probably stay as they are because users are very used to them.)

Annatar

Add record movies and convertation then to Avi, like in the Mupen64 0.5
PS. Sorry for my bad english. :(

Last edited:

Aekeron

Clements said:
You are right. Yes, it is feasible to create custom reg file installers to retain configs, but it would be better if PJ64 did not use the registry and used ini files instead, as these are easy to copy/paste, and the custom reg installer would need to be updated every time you change an option etc. unlike an ini file.

Also, ini files could have advanced custom settings not found in the GUI, which can easily be edited without opening a registry editor.

Glad I wasn't imagining things :)

Yeah, I completely agree with you also. It seems to me (with limited coding exp) that it'd be fairly simple to implement as compared to something more 'technical' such as implementing unsupported op codes. Not that that wouldn't be nice, I'm just hopeful for things that make using PJ64 a little bit easier :)

Not that I'm incredibly lazy or anything....

Dogman5

----------
One of the only things I'd always wished, was being able to run at higher FPS, but I dont know if its possible or not. It says 60FPS, but it certainly doesent run as smooth as 60FPS, it seems more like 30.

Another thing, I would like to see a cool new interface.. with icons or something for each game would be nice. I made my own icons for shortcuts for all my games. I always thought something like this would be cool

View attachment 31351

Just a suggestion.

Last edited:

Clements

A new (or updated) logo and hi-res icon for XP that uses an alpha channel and the like would be nice for the main application. Someone with some good photoshop skills will probably have to help out with that though, perhaps submit a few designs and pick the best.

Shark's

- export (paused frame) to 3ds or other format
- force double-sided textures
- key config with joypad support (speed limiter to joypad key e.t.c.)

anyway PJ64 - is the best!!!

ray16

The Grand Potatomaster
Some third party vendors made a Mem/Rumble Pak combo so you could have MemPak and Rumble support in a single peripheral connected to a single controller. That would be cool to have as an option in addition to what's already there, if it's possible.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Dogman5 said:
One of the only things I'd always wished, was being able to run at higher FPS, but I dont know if its possible or not. It says 60FPS, but it certainly doesent run as smooth as 60FPS, it seems more like 30.

Another thing, I would like to see a cool new interface.. with icons or something for each game would be nice. I made my own icons for shortcuts for all my games. I always thought something like this would be cool

View attachment 31351

Just a suggestion.

yes, i would like to be able to force the patched 50hz version of Master quest to run in 60hz, as i prefer the cheats of the patched version more so then the 60hz version... i just don't like the game feeling so slow

Smiff

Emutalk Member
ray16 said:
Some third party vendors made a Mem/Rumble Pak combo so you could have MemPak and Rumble support in a single peripheral connected to a single controller. That would be cool to have as an option in addition to what's already there, if it's possible.

i've talked about this with Gent several times, afaik no one had proof that any device had both functions enabled at the same time.. they all had a switch?

fiotewrs

1-> ability to choose variable Sound sampling rate ( 44.100khz,22.100khz... )
1-> variable counter factor select ,like 1964 ( ctrl + 1 , crtl + 2 .... )
1-> variable speed limits like 1964 ( NUM + , NUM - , * )
2-> Indy , world drive , star wars batle.... finally working ...?

1 = fast interface
2 = good fun !

Miretank

Lurking
Smiff said:
i've talked about this with Gent several times, afaik no one had proof that any device had both functions enabled at the same time.. they all had a switch?
nope, they're two-in-one. I had one of those when my N64 was alive. :)

Milkrosoft

If a transfer pak is added, it should also work with Mario Tennis and Perfect Dark. It works fine with those games using N-Rage's plugin.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
frostwarrior said:
It can be a force feedback support for rumbling joysticks?
N-Rage input plugin supports rumble and Transfer Paks. Why would you want the emulator to do it, when the input plugin already has these features?

ConkersCow

Every game that I've played, Conker for instance, when you enter from one place to another, the screen takes too much time... (ok 2 to 3 secs) Its nice if these blank screens are quickly forwarded to show the next scene. Generally, I have to press F4 to fast forward these black blank screens. Probably in original N64, it must be some sort of "Loading". In our powered pcs, it should be instant!

There can be a detective code... Out of frame 1,2,3,4, if the frame 1==2==3 then fast forward till the next frame is NOT == first frame.

GE Master

--- Gameshark "cheat code" system changes and support.

I hope you might consider an easier format or system for entering gameshark codes. Sorry for comparisons, however 1964 cheat system allows you to enter spaces, text, or whatever, and will configure it properly as a code when you add it. So you can basically copy a code from your actual gameshark device code list such as:

"cocodeasdfadf".off
339875454 4534
345453453 3432

You could enter all that, and just the codes would be entered when you add it to the cheat list in 1964. You just enter a proper cheat name, and the emu does the rest. You have to ensure proper spacing and valid characters currently in pj64 and I think something less restrictive would be beautiful. It's already done in 1964. Thanks for any consideration.

---More user friendly

This might be difficult, because it's such a overall issue. Perhaps not important however your emu deserves to be more mainstream. It is very intimidating for the beginner, which most of us here are not. Corn was very simplistic in design. I just think an alternate design with simple buttons etc would bring more people to your scene.

Thanks for the great emu!! I'm pooping my pants thinking about a newer version!!

PrineOfPersia

Clements said:
The only thing that does not work with N-Rage's transfer pak emulation and Pokemon Stadium is the Pokemon Tower. That is a PJ64 issue, although using a GB emulator is better.

LoL, but is it not really important!
The better wish would be FREE NET PLAY! *gg*
But there I think is a big problem, Really fast Net Play, so i think, needs a server!
How would you solve this problem???

greetz
PrineOfPersia