What's new

What are you playing at the moment?

Cyberman

Dumb question likely but why would someone need to port to PAL? Is the dev kit between NTSC and PAL that different? I would also like to say SONY SUCKS. The only thing good about there platform is the games LOL. :D
I've noticed that numerous new games do not have HD support (16:9) even though that shouldn't be a big deal. I am a bit confused what they deal is with game programmers. Do they develope a game so tightly coupled with the particular hardware that it isn't a simple change of paramaters and recompilation? (Then test playing to see if it breaks anything). From what I can remember the PS2 can display resolutions up to 1024x768x32 @ 60hz so why are the programmers only shooting for 320x240 or slightly high 640x480? It's kind of mind boggling to look at how JAGGY there designs are on my monitor (component output to an HD display).
I also got Legacy Of Kain Soul Reaver 2 and Bloom Omen 2 ... It's kind of amusing to play them. Soul Reaver and Blood Omen were so good by comparison to these. Whine? You bet I got them cheap and that was what they were worth ($3 each). I played WA 1 and 2 both were good.
I haven't seen WA 3 sigh I lost my job like a few months after getting my PS2 :(

So now I have to run around looking for stuff.

Cyb

smcd

I just bought Dawn of War Platinum Edition, Oblivion GOTY Edition, Battlefield Colleciton, and Unreal Tournament III to go along with the new PC parts I just ordered :)

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Forbidden Siren 2 (PS2)
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner (PS2)
Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
Killer7 (PS2)
Space Channel 5 (PS2)

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
Star Ocean: The 2nd Story (PS1)

Already finished with Claude, but I still feel like finishing it with Rena, getting the other characters I didn't get before.

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Pokemon Crystal for GBC

Quoting old post here. Whaddaryagonnadoaboutit? I loved, LOVED and still love the Pokemon games for GBC. They kick ass. Re playability rules. At the moment, i´m playing Bioshock, PC version. Just got started on it, even though i gave it for my brother on 360 last christmas. I love it so far. I´m also occasionally playing a little Crysis.

Lord Darkstorm

Great sage, equal of heaven
Now playing Dragon Quest Swords on the Wii. Loads of fun, don't be put off by the average reviews. £25 in the uk, has great voice acting, and a fun control system. Not a hugely epic game, but well worth it.

Vboy

EmuCrazy
1. Zelda Ocarina of Time (Emulator :0)
2. Super Smash Brothers Melee
3. Roller Coaster Tycoon
4. 4 swords adventures will start once we turn off melee (we can't find the Memory Card so we have to leave it on o_O)

Allnatural

Since my last post (April) I've completed Digital Devil Saga 2, Blue Dragon, and Genji: Dawn of the Samurai. Currently playing Burnout 3 and Killer7.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
killer7 is wonderful, in a strange way. Why many has given it so much slack I can't really understand. Too linear?

Allnatural

killer7 is wonderful, in a strange way. Why many has given it so much slack I can't really understand. Too linear?
Just too different I guess; flying in the face of years of conventional game design.

Also, the total mind-fuck of a story. That's my favorite part. I don't understand a damn bit of it, but I love watching it play out.