What's new

What 1964 needs!

nemulate

All round nice guy.
It needs someone like smiff to organise all the ini's, bug reporting etc. It has the potential to be a top if not the top n64 emu but it needs someone to take control. There are too many people doing bits on this emu and bits on other emus. Maybe someone is up for it? Obviously they'll need to have commitment and a lot of spare time! (And speak to Schibo and Rice first of course).

Just a thought! What do you think?

Glurak

I think everything is fine with 1964 management the official ini is released along with 1964 and every other bit is also coordinated so I see no problem ;)

if someone finds bugs he can report them right away ;)

but well I think a public betatest concept would be cool (a lot of releases with usually not many things changed) I think it would help debugging ;) but then there probably would be some lamers who would complain that this and this doesn't work and that they should fix it azzap ;)

mhhh maybe a semi public beta would be better ;) link on the forum and not on the 1964 page and not to obiously posted that should keep most of the lamers away ;)

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Glurak said:
I think everything is fine with 1964 management the official ini is released along with 1964 and every other bit is also coordinated so I see no problem ;)
I'm sorry Glurak, But i really do not share your optimism.

I also believe the same as Nemulate, because i have seen far too many people start to make unofficial Ini's & when asked to collaborate, they decide to carry on with the un-official
(& i will quote this one because it has stuck in my mind)
Hey <Name> how about joining the Team (DSF)
Nah, I cant be arsed, & it seems that mine is more Popular. <Name>

Hmmmm.

& you don't see a problem :plain: ok

Glurak

yes this is a problem but do u think anything would change if somebody like smiff for pj would do a similar thing for 19? I mean he also couldn't stop unofficial ini's could he?

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Read the original post Glurak:

I feel you are missing the point here.

No one is saying stopping people trying their own ini, but it would be better compiled by someone (or a select team)

But i fear if it is left to how it is going.

It will be a game of Roulette, to which one is going to be the one, that is really going to finish your PC off. ???

Lets hope it just doesn't get that far, for all out sakes.

Last edited:

Tesla-Guy

Yap, it'd be wonderful if every unofficial 1964INI maker cooporated with the official INI authors. It would be also nice if:
:Some1: I've got to test ALL games from 0 to 9 + A to C and try to make them compatible
:Some2: I've got to test ALL games from D to F and try to make them compatible
:Some3: I've got to test ALL games from G to I and try to make them compatible
etc etc ;) so it's better for the INI makers, and it's better for us 1964 lovers :) :inlove:

Remote

1964 needs a person willing to commit to the project. Not someone who feels that they can make a difference, 1964 needs a person who knows he can make a difference. He should pocess a complete set of Nintendo 64 roms and have a good understanding of the inner workings of the console. Perhaps Smiff´s twin brother would be interested...

sk8bloke22

roll for life
nemulate is write. 1964 will be SO much better if it had a properly organised ini. i mean it is not essential to hav one as well made, and as hard worked as the rdb file made by smiff - thats perfection. rather just a well organised .ini which is made by a select group dedicated to do it. but no dotted around unofficial .inis without the support of an original .ini . unofficial is fine as long as there is an official one for those who dont want to experiment.

flow``

flow``
Yap, it'd be wonderful if every unofficial 1964INI maker cooporated with the official INI authors. It would be also nice if:
:Some1: I've got to test ALL games from 0 to 9 + A to C and try to make them compatible
:Some2: I've got to test ALL games from D to F and try to make them compatible
:Some3: I've got to test ALL games from G to I and try to make them compatible
etc etc so it's better for the INI makers, and it's better for us 1964 lovers

horrible idea..

think about it though, that would be 3 different people, 3 different setups, and each would do it differently

the best ini's (imo) are made by a single person with their own level of standards (vs 3 people's degree's of "playable")

and i think there is much more work then people realize

there are 1869/1871 released rom dumps in the latest goodn64
about 950 or so are actual, games 160 are demos.
that's a lot of stuff to do and would take a massive ammount of time, considering 1964's ini options and tweaking that can be done to the emu to get that extra perforance.

flow``

flow``
oh, and as far as having the "complete" set.. that is extremely unnecessary

just an all U/E [!] region ini would be enough to satisfy most people

Remote

Yes, since most (U) [!] are supported and region specific issues are decreasing with every new release there is no point is having support for all dumps. A logical split would be if three persons decided to carry one region each, similar or identic hardware configurations could resolve a lot of problems, i.e faulty CF settings due to different configs. These should always be set to default.

And why do Cowering include bad dumps in his good tools? A quick calculation, and a sneak peak at my goodlists, tells me that I have hundreds of roms that is non playable or semi playabe at it´s best.

Last edited: