What's new

Weird FPS increase issue.

Xtreme2damax

I am using Dolphin Beta 3 x64 on XP SP2 x64 with an athlon64 X 2 3800+ @ 2.0 Ghz, Geforce 6150LE, 1024 MB of ram.

The issue or alleged tweak is weird in it self, on Sonic Adventure 2 Battle I was usually getting about 20 - 25 FPS on some levels and never above that, with it dipping below sometimes.

I found running Windows Media Player 11 running in the background gives a significant boost in speed.

After having WMP running and starting SA2: Battle in Dolphin my FPS increased by nearly 10 - 15 and even 20 FPS in SA2:Battle on Dolphin.

On most levels such as the Green forest level I was now getting between 30 - 45 FPS as compared to 20 - 25 before with it never dipping below 28.

Some levels were exceptionally fast now, however some levels were still fairy slow such as pumpkin hill and one or two others.

I kept thinking to myself that this was fairly weird.

This worked for other games as well, in Zelda: Windwaker it yielded about a 5 - 10 FPS increase, in Mario Sunshine about a 5 FPS increase.

OP
X

Xtreme2damax

Lol, Weird :p

Have you tested it yet as well to see if you can reproduce it too?

This is really weird considering that usually running applications in the backgrounds slows things down, not speed them up. :p

:Edit: Darn I was going to post an attachment but it says "Unable to move/copy file" when I try to upload.:(

Last edited: