What's new

Weird echo

Bluesummers

I'm not sure if it's something that's always been there and I never noticed it before or not (Been a couple of week since I used my speakers). But whenever I'm listening to music or anything there's an echo. Not a huge echo but it's noticable and it makes me want to bash my head against the desk.

I'm using a C-Media AC97 audio card.

Thanks in advance.

WhiteX

Sound issues generic fix pack:

1 - update your drivers and DX version.
2 - lower your acceleration under the DXDiag.
3 - try a different set of speakers.

M[u]ddy

In your Xear3D Options should be a tab with an equalizer on the right.
On the left side are some effects. If any of them is enabled, disable it.

BlueFalcon7

There might be a setting thats supposed to emulate 5.1 surround sound (which sounds horrible) disable that. Thats if Mddy's solution doesnt work

A.I.

Banned
There might be a setting thats supposed to emulate 5.1 surround sound (which sounds horrible) disable that. Thats if Mddy's solution doesnt work

Virtual 5.1? That emulates 5.1 fine for Dolby encoded games. If you have a 5.1 soundcard and you play movies you might have to disable Virtual 5.1, otherwise the sound conflicts and you get screwy sound.

BlueFalcon7

Virtual 5.1? That emulates 5.1 fine for Dolby encoded games. If you have a 5.1 soundcard and you play movies you might have to disable Virtual 5.1, otherwise the sound conflicts and you get screwy sound.

Indeed, Music playback sounds horrible with virtual 5.1. I perfer real 5.1, which is what I have.

OP
Bluesummers

Bluesummers

Woot. Works now... found some sights that led to a link for a fix for the echo with drivers... I downloaded them then my soundcard didn't work at all haha. But I rolled it back and now it work with no echo.