What's new

VC++ .Net 2003 Problem

refraction

PCSX2 Coder
Im having a bit of trouble with a filetypes problem atm, its really strange, the dev environment will open .cpp and .h files, but not .c or .hpp files, it opens VS.net like it should then just says "Shortcut to "blahblah" cannot be opened", but if i rename the files to .cpp or .h they will open. If i try doing it with a project loaded in, the offending files just give an error message saying "The operation could not be completed"

Instantly i thought it was a file association problem, so i had a mess with the filetypes settings (which were all identical anyway) and in the registry settings for both VS and the filetypes and i tried removing VS.net and all its remaining directories (inc the ones in documents and settings) then reinstalling to no success, 6 times may i add.

There is no virus, spyware or adware on my system, altho while i was on holiday my gf's dad managed to infect it with some really annoying trojan which has now been removed, so everything apart VS.net is back to normal.

any idea what this problem could be?

OP
refraction

refraction

PCSX2 Coder
yes, both (as well as .c and .h) being valid filetypes for VC++, altho the extension isnt really vital its quite annoying when i load in other projects such as PCSX2 and cant see the code cos it wount open :p