What's new

Vb 6 To .net

sammyboy

Certified SuperHero
Is there a way to view vb 6 code in vb.net. Some projects that I did with 6 I want to port to .net does anyone know how.

BGNG

.NET has a Visual Baisc, doesn't it? Like NOT VB.NET... Normal VB syntax, but still under the .NET framework... You could use that.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Afaik, vb NET has NO normal VB. Net is NET simply put. Your only option is to import it, and then it will be converted to NET.
If you don't want to see NET, you can still open them in notepad, since all code is stored in text format.

icepir8

Just open the project with .net and it will convert most of your code to vb.net. It doesn't like ODBC stuff so you will have to fix up some of your code.

There is a reference you can ad to your vb.net solution to enable some of the old commands. I don't know how much it helps though.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
The import guide will automatically use those old references if it cannot conver the code to NET successfully. However, it is recommended not to use those; instead use the NET framework. It is powerful and contains pretty much all the things in previous versions of visual basic, although with some limitations.

OP
sammyboy

sammyboy

Certified SuperHero
Well when I try to convert it asks for me to install vb 6 to convert. I aint got the disk no more (damn u ebay).

refraction

PCSX2 Coder
well may i suggest rewriting it in .net? have the code open in notepad or whatever so you can see what you had before so you know what you want it to do.

i know its a long way round, but itll be good practice for you, plus you may be able to optimise it a bit.