What's new

v64/z64/cd64

sniper_112

how do these systems compare, is there a better one? z64, v64, and cd64 backup units. also what is a fair price for a z64 w/256k?

Remote

They differ in features and you should probaly get a hold of the one of those three that can handle the biggest cart sizes, 256+ Mbit. Check eBay and see if you can find one... Sorry, but it has been to long since I saw one of those to tell which one is the best atm...

Otherwise at the current state of n64 emulation a tv out config could probaly give you a almost as good config as a backup unit...

Happy shopping

Nemo

Master Sporksman
If you want a cheap backup device get a Gameshark Pro v3 and get the prog for it at the Game Shark Code Creators Club site. I don't think the latest version is there, but a late enough one for backing things up is.

NOTE: Gameshark Pro can dump any cart size so far as I know, I dumped all of mine. It doesn't store anything on it, it dumps straight to a file on your computer, so I don't see why there would be any limit. I do know it is a bit slow, but I don't know how it compares to other devices. $30 new, much less used... not a bad price, hehe. Don't but it used though, they tend to wear out sometimes, and the savings isn't worth the potential pain in the ass.

Last edited: