What's new

UT2004 Demo

Trotterwatch

Yeah it's official :) I got this last night, great game. Got to get back into Deathmatch though I seriously sucked last night (ET has dulled my reflexes a bit).

Onslaught mode is good.

OP
Stezo2k

Stezo2k

S-2K
yeah, it's a great game, haven't played onslaught yet, most people on DM seem to be very good, ive only come close to winning once, oh well :)

khanmeister

Banned
I loved it. Trotter, do you mean Enemy Territory has dulled your reflexes? I find the opposite. I dominated on UT2k4 last night, and I've been playing LOTS of ET. :D

Knuckles

I tried it, downloaded right when it was out and already after 10 mins that it was released, 99% of the mirrors were full ot huge wait list (for me, thanks to the nvidia mirror :) )

I'm waiting for the final , I WANT UNREALED 4.0 !!!:D

vleespet

The decent one
I love the game, especially when using the 320x240x16 to 800x600x16 with AA stretched up software renderer :p.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
/me curses his 28.8K modem

I loved the UT gameplay, and found the UT2003 gameplay to be rather iffy. I've heard great things about this demo from people who think the same way. I can't wait to finally get it.

khanmeister

Banned
Stezo2k said:
runs full speed on 1024 x 768, with all the effects, looks really nice :)

Yes, this game seems to run much faster/better than 2003. Also, the Halo style vehicles are great. Much better than in Halo, imho. ROAD KILL!

Burnpro

Supar ***
looks like old ut2k3 IMO but its a fresh one so lets give it a go..

i`m playin it at 1024*768 everything maxed 6x aa/16af 50-60 fps everytime..

Clements

Runs very well on my configuration too- @ 1152x864, 4xAA/8AF Max settings... I did try it on Intel graphics and it was like a slideshow and with no AA it didn't look that pretty!

Took me 12 Hours to download it :(

OP
Stezo2k

Stezo2k

S-2K
Clements said:
Runs very well on my configuration too- @ 1152x864, 4xAA/8AF Max settings... I did try it on Intel graphics and it was like a slideshow and with no AA it didn't look that pretty!

Took me 12 Hours to download it :(

i also tried it on my brothers integrated graphics, it runs at nearly full speed (around 55FPS) at 640x480 :)

Flash

Technomage
Stezo2k said:
whoa nice 1 mate :D

gotta be the drivers or running through glide :)

There's no Glide in UT2K4. Ok MesaFX runs through glide3x but opengl in UT2K3/2K4
is slower than D3D