What's new

Using PSX To USB adapter with epsxe.

sb iq

I have a PSX To USB Adapter from Radio Shack that I use for epsxe. I have a PS1 Dual Shock controller connected to it, of course. I can play games that do not support analog or force feedback just fine.

However, for the games that do support analog and force feedback, my analog stick doesn't work, and I get no force feedback.

How can I get analog and force feedback to work using my controller in epsxe?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Have you installed any drivers for the adapter? Usually DualShock support in adapters is driver-based.

Last edited:
OP
S

sb iq

I installed the drivers that were on the mini-CD that came with the adapter.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Can you test is the Controller control panel whether or not the rumble and the analog sticks work at all?

Also, I hope that you've enabled the rumble feature in ePSXe's controller configuration dialog (either Sine or Constant) and set Pad 1 as Digital Analog + set the analog stick axes properly.

smcd

Did you push the "analog" button on the controller to enable the sticks? Just a thought. As for force feedback, no idea.

spotanjo3

Agozer said:
Have you installed any drivers for the adapter? Usually DualShock support in adapters is driver-based.

Well, mine didn't. Easy to use, plug and play, no drivers required. Connect my Playstation, Dual Shock, Playstation joypads to my PC USB port. All buttons are supported, perfect for any emulation program! :p

I bought it from Radio Shack! HEHE!

OP
S

sb iq

Agozer said:
Can you test is the Controller control panel whether or not the rumble and the analog sticks work at all?

Also, I hope that you've enabled the rumble feature in ePSXe's controller configuration dialog (either Sine or Constant) and set Pad 1 as Digital Analog + set the analog stick axes properly.

Yeah it works fine in the controller control panel. Analog and rumble.

But I use epsxe's sine and constant settings with Gran Turismo 2 and when there is supposed to be a rumble, the program shuts down.