What's new

using a tv-out rules!!!!

Reznor007

TV's are about 640x480 interlaced. HDTV goes up to 1920x1080 interlaced or 1280x720 progressive.

Scanlines come from the TV being interlaced. Progressive scan has no scanlines.

DVD is 720x480.

If using a TV out, use Svideo and it will be alot sharper.

Zoomer

Yes TV-OUT rules!!! I went and bought an S-Video to RCA adapter so it runs on my old 27" samsung. Yeah, image quality is sacrificed but nothing compares to sitting around your living room with friends playing MAME (Street Fighter vs Marvel)!!! I'm pretty sure every computer allows you to choose 1024-1028 res for TV-out whether the TV supports it or not. I've never heard of a TV that didn't go into 1024- my friends old piece of shit 10 yr old Radio Shak TV ran at that res. (Looking very crappy) TV-out is the reason I'm savin up to get a HDTV.

iq_132

Banned
They really aren't that expensive anymore Faerin... just look for a geForce MX... or an older Radeon

crhylove

Banned
stez...

some do, some don't, it's not about the geforce itself, so much as about the manufacturer, as in pny, extasy, or vidtek or whatever.... do a pricewatch search, u can find pci geforces with tv out for really cheap, that you can use solely for that function...

as for buying a hdtv... i don't think that's such a hot idea. i mean, yeah, the visuals are great, but they are asking WAY too much for those especially when some very good competing technologies are TOTALLY ready for primetime.

rhy

yes the geforce 4 mx 420 by asus has video out...
its a pretty awesome card...
my PNY Verto GF3 ti 500 card has video out but it doesn't seem to work with the new drivers :( I have to use tvtool to get it to work but its not free lol...
anybody have a solution for me?

lol why should I have to pay for a feature that is included in my card? seeing as I already paid for the card, I should be able to use it's full features without paying extra...
lol but I guess I could be wrong about that ;)

Stezo2k

S-2K
yea your right, why dont ya get a cracked version of it then if u dont wana pay for it (im not giving any links, so that should be ok mods)

Stez

considering it is a "supported" feature of the drivers so I should not have to use an external program, but for some reason the drivers never detect the flipping analog displays...
very odd and annoying but yeah...
bah

audioaxes

try a projector (i could play games on my big screen tv but when my cousins are over or if i could actually play undisturbed where it is at, ill play on the projector on a standard sized projector screen

- my resolution isnt a problem - could even read the small text messages when playing a came over the net from 20 feet away

lol yeah I hooked mine up to a projector at school and was playing Aliens Vs. Pred 2 on 800 x 600 and it was awesome...
only problem is I don't have the money to buy a projector otherwise I would

crhylove

Banned
yeah, why the f*^) are projectors so expensive? it's just a dinky LCD, a flashlight and a good lense!!!

/me wants one!

rhy

lol yeah you and me both buddy...
yeah i still don't have native support of tv-out on my flipping vid card which blows asses