What's new

Universal model and map ripper!

Someone!

Hullo!
Evene if I have AMD64, I use Windows 32 bit, so 3DS9 Bit! It works fine.
Now I'll rip some models from the HL2 Beta using the ripper.

zaczac

I cant get my actual emulator to work. resident evil 4 runs up to the title screen and will not go anyfurther, it still plays and displays fps of around 4.50 but i pressed every button that worked to skip the intro sequences and memory card screen. I cant get past that 'Start, load, options' screen

OP
Sercio

Sercio

Hi zaczac! Just disable Dynarec and try to go ingame... after that disable the shaders in the GFX settings and you will see everything almost right!
Good luck!

Blink

hey guys, this is a great program!

I don't have 3ds max though, so I can't read 3DR files. Would anyone be willing to help me out? I just need them converted, with textures, into another form of file.

OP
Sercio

Sercio

3dripperdx supports to exports the scene as obj format... which is almost everywhere supportet!

Blink

Ah! Works perfectly now, thanks!

...only all my 3d modeling programs hate dds. -_-;

Ah well, don't worry about it, I got what I needed to.

Ion Dune

Teh_Masterer
Hmm... I tried this with Wind Waker (on the title screen,) but I can't open or import the file in Cinema 4D or Maya. It says that it is an unrecognized file type. Does WW just not work in this scenario, or there something else going on?

OP
Sercio

Sercio

Hmm i would suggest you to not use 3d ripper dx on zeldaww, mario sunshine, mariokart and zelda tp! Try using the Bmdviewer instead, which would result in better quality.

Ion Dune

Teh_Masterer
But with the Bmdviewer, it's rare that I actually know what I'm getting, and besides the Tower of the Gods I've never gotten any entire islands.

So I'll assume that the 3d ripper won't work with WW, or that if it will it will be very hard?

OP
Sercio

Sercio

It would work with Zelda WW but i wouldnt suggest you to use it! The Bmdviewer does export models in better quality and in the right t-stance position. But if you cant handle those confusing szs tools use simply 3d ripper dx...

Ion Dune

Teh_Masterer
The tools themselves aren't confusing, it's just the filenames. I think most of them are from the Japanese names, so I'm not sure what half of them are.

Also, some of the files simply do not open (as in they just open a command prompt window for less than a second and close, without creating a second file.)

OP
Sercio

Sercio

sometimes you do only need 1 tool... You need to try few times to know which tool do you need for each file....

Ion Dune

Teh_Masterer
Yes! Thank you! That was causing me a lot of trouble. Its funny how these small details can almost completely ruin something like this.

Mega Mario DX

Sorry to bump a old topic, but can this rip animations like Walking, etc? I'm keen to use the Peach Model in a 3D Game Project of mine...

Fluesopp

No, it cannot rip animations. It only rips models.
But if you want to use the model in a game, I would reccomend BMD viewer of Thakis, as you get the models in binding position. And you have to rig them yourself.

Mithos Kionisu

Sorry for the bump, but how do I get this to work with Dolphin? I have it installed, pointed it to the dolphin.exe, ran it and hit f12 in game, but it didn't rip anything. Is it because I'm using Dolphin_win32_svn_r144? If it helps, I'm trying to rip from Metroid Prime

Reapper

hey guys I am new to this form but not to 3dsmax I have max 9 and I want to test out the 3d ripper on soul reaver 2 can it work?....any help would be so kind I just want the sarafan all and malek