What's new

Universal model and map ripper!

OP
Sercio

Sercio

uhm... uh... steam? I didnt start steam :p you need a trick to use 3d ripper dx on HL2Ep1 but unfortunalty i cant tell you how! But there are some other "official" tools which allow you to dump the HL2 models but this is a other subject and doesnt matter here.

montyoum00000

I understand, thanks anyways for replying

I'll keep trying at it and hopefully get somewhere with this. I'm so grateful to have found this thread. I wasn't aware there were so many people trying to do somethign I've been wanting to do for so long.

BTW. I haven't itroduced myself yet

My name is Monty, I'm responsible for this movie here:

ROAD Ep 2 -> GameTrailers.com - User Movie: RI Tekken Ep. 2 by montyoum

I've been killing myself researching model extraciton methods for the purpose of making more movies.

I mentioned in another thread on this forum that my specialty is motion, so if anyone needs help/advice in that department I'm your man.

Alliance

uhm... uh... steam? I didnt start steam :p you need a trick to use 3d ripper dx on HL2Ep1 but unfortunalty i cant tell you how! But there are some other "official" tools which allow you to dump the HL2 models but this is a other subject and doesnt matter here.

Or you could just use the plugins created for 3ds max and import the model files. Google CannonFodder, everything should be there. And quit with the I cant tell you how stuff, I despise kids like you who with-hold information.

Ky Puppy

hmmm really strange! It seems this rip did use wrong textures on the meshes! The sofdec logo shouldnt be on the sky around. First of all : Which Dolphin version do you use and which version of 3d ripper dx and 3dsmax do you have? And do you saw those "weird" textures also on dolphin or only in the ripped result?

I'm using Dolphin v1.03 Internal Beta, 3D Ripper DX v1.3b, and Autodesk 3Ds Max 9 Trial. I'm pretty sure they were correct in Dolphin, just really dark. I'll try again now that I'm home, it'll just take a little while to get in game again, and to rip the textures again. Thanx for the response. I'll be back with updates as to if it happens the same again or not.

OP
Sercio

Sercio

@Kypuppy, its seems that 3d-ripper-dx 1.3b does not work really god as the 1.2a ... but dont worry the creator is one the way to fix problems!
@alliance :
And quit with the I cant tell you how stuff, I despise kids like you who with-hold information.
uhm im not stupit and risk myself a ban just because some "kid" like you is too lazy to pm me!

Someone!

Hullo!
Hi Sercio

I just bought Half Life 2 Ep 1 but 3d Ripper doesn't seem to boot up for it
Do you need to bypass Steam in order to get 3D ripper to work or is it something else?

Thank ahead for any help you can give me.
You have to put something in the shortuct options to tell steam that as soon as it opens it turns ep1 on

DIOS

think about it
compatibility with chankast

Hi dudes... sorry for my bad english... anyway, i tried to use this tool with chankast but it don´t rip the models or the maps... just the textures, can anyone help or just tell is this tool is compatible with chankast, thanks a lot.

OP
Sercio

Sercio

I think chankast is a DX8 application, therefore it isnt supportet by 3d-ripper-dx !
Sorry!

DIOS

think about it
Thanks Sercio :plain: but you know if there is out there a tool like this for aplications DX8 or less? :bouncy:

OP
Sercio

Sercio

Uhm if you can change the device from chankast to opengl then yes! There is a tool named ogle and its able to rip opengl 3d meshes...

DIOS

think about it
thank´s again Sercio.... im gonna check Chankast and look for that tool too, wish me luck !!! :matrix:

parn1024

Sorry for my bad english:

Hi, i have 3dsmax6 and 3dsmax9, and i install 3D Ripper DX, but the "import plugin" dont load when i open 3dsmax. Somebody knows because?

Thanks

OP
Sercio

Sercio

3dsMax 9 is unsupportet (yet), but on 6 its should work! Try install 3dripperdx again ... if its not work then you could import the .obj file (which is really buggy yet und does show wrong textures)

parn1024

Thanks sercio:

I rip sasuke (Naruto 4) and i modify a little (smooth and textures).
And.... the model seems with cartoon efect. :D

ultratails42

Thanks sercio:

I rip sasuke (Naruto 4) and i modify a little (smooth and textures).
And.... the model seems with cartoon efect. :D

Nice job on that.

Im working on one right now but cant seem to get it smooth at least not smooth enough that it looks good. Still far too polygon like.

Before smoothing of any type -

After several tesselations and smoothings -

Anyone got some tips. Also possibly someone got a tutorial for creating a bone structure for objects in 3DS Max? Much appreaciated. Thanks.

OP
Sercio

Sercio

First select all vertices, then press weld selectet with 0,1! After that put a turbosmooth on that object and set the iteration value on max 2-3!
Like this :

ultratails42

First select all vertices, then press weld selectet with 0,1! After that put a turbosmooth on that object and set the iteration value on max 2-3!

Actually I saw that earlier in here when searching for ways to smooth it besides tesselate. Supersmooth helps a little but the vertex dosent work. This is what happens when I do the vertex weld select on all verticies. I dont know why so if you have any other tips beyond tesselate and supersmooth and such id much appreciate it. Thanks a lot :)

Also is that Link from Twilight Princess? If so very nice. I so wanna do a rip of him and a few others in the game (Like Wolf Link, Zelda, Wolf form of the hidden techniques guy, and Midna to name a few. So many cool models in that game.) but I dont have the GC version. Only the Wii version.

Last edited:
OP
Sercio

Sercio

Yes it is Link from tp but i didnt rip him with 3d ripper Dx! I used Bmdview from thakis....
Anyway your Tails model looks wrong! You didnt use vertex weld @ 0,1 value! Forget about tesselate... it does only "duplisate" your polygon count! Use turbosmooth to get some reliable results!

Edit:
Here is a possible result! One with and one without smooth...

Last edited:
OP
Sercio

Sercio

no... 3ds ripper dy dont support the 64 bit version of 3dsmax9 (which i use btw)
BUT the 32 bit version should work fine!