What's new

Universal model and map ripper!

Mithos Kionisu

This is an amazing program! =D

Would it be possible to rip Samus Aran from SSBM, Metroid Prime, or Metroid Prime 2?

If so, could someone please rip the files, put them in a .zip, and upload it to a website?

Boyo, lot's of people have asked that (including me) it would be illegal to do so.

EvaXephon

Whoops! Sorry!

I downloaded Dolphin, used it to play SSBM, and I was very impressed. I used 3D Ripper DX to capture a frame, and got a lot of files. I'd like to view the 3D models I got.

The problem is that I'm not sure which program would be the best for this. It appears the 3D models are all in a .3dr library, and I'm having trouble finding a free program that lets you view .3dr libraries.

Which makes this my new question: What programs do you reccomend for viewing .3dr files? Since I don't have the money for 3D Studio Max or Maya right now, is there a free program that many people use to view .3dr files? And last, am I right in assuming that, if i can open up a .3dr file, I can see the Super Smash Brothers Melee models I captured?

S

Sasuke3.0

Whoops! Sorry!

I downloaded Dolphin, used it to play SSBM, and I was very impressed. I used 3D Ripper DX to capture a frame, and got a lot of files. I'd like to view the 3D models I got.

The problem is that I'm not sure which program would be the best for this. It appears the 3D models are all in a .3dr library, and I'm having trouble finding a free program that lets you view .3dr libraries.

Which makes this my new question: What programs do you reccomend for viewing .3dr files? Since I don't have the money for 3D Studio Max or Maya right now, is there a free program that many people use to view .3dr files? And last, am I right in assuming that, if i can open up a .3dr file, I can see the Super Smash Brothers Melee models I captured?

It will only work with 3Ds Max, otherwise you or someone else would have to make a plugin for some other program

EvaXephon

It will only work with 3Ds Max, otherwise you or someone else would have to make a plugin for some other program

Oh...that sounds bad.

Are you 100% certain that 3DS Max is the ONLY program capable of reading and opening a .3dr file? Nothing else? There is no chance of some free program out there designed to display or 'unzip' .3dr files?

OP
Sercio

Sercio

Wrong, you can also install the import plugin for maya! But i recomment to use 3DSmax at the beginning.

EvaXephon

Wow, I'm kinda surprised. You might want to mention in the first post that the output is .3dr and tell people not to bother if they don't have 3D Studio Max and/or Maya.

By the way, is the plugin for Maya legal? If so, where can I download it?

mechakoopa

a.k.a. the DtTvB
Is this old? I found a forum that links here also
(but I can't tell you where because there are some warez there),
and tells the way to make the models perfectly smooth (I tried it, and it works!).

First, select the mesh (the model) and go to modify tab.
Select all vertices and weld it. See the screenshot.

Step-by-step screenshot:
View attachment 34811

Here is the result in the viewport.
View attachment 34812

EDIT: For more quality, try change 0.1 near the "Selected" button to a lower value. I reccommended 0.02 (Slow!).

Last edited:

mechakoopa

a.k.a. the DtTvB
Uhhh. I discovered another tip. This makes it super smooth.
After you weld your mesh, you can select all faces,
by selecting the faces menu and press Ctrl+A,
and click the "Tesselate" button (a little hard to find) once, or twice,
or even more than that, it's up to you!

But the more you click the more it will slow!

OP
Sercio

Sercio

A few beautiful screenshots from the ripped result! Anyone able to recognize the game from the pic with 3ds max ;)?

Ky Puppy

Hey, been readin over things and trying to get it right, but I've yet to accomplish what I want. I'm trying to get characters from RE4, but I keep getting maps only and I can't figure out why. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I think I've been following the instructions fully. Its probably something little I'm missing or overlooking. Thanx.

OP
Sercio

Sercio

Uhm sorry but i cant tell you how i got those GoW models! Actually i would loose many friends and break my promise to keep it secret...

montyoum00000

Hello all

I was rather excited to find this and the many threads Involving extraction and engineering of models from games.

Most of us here dreamed about something like this growing up and now we've all attained the skills to make it happen.

I hope to be able to learn to do this myself as well.

I also hope that I can off you guys something in return.

I'm not such a great modeller or programmer, but I do have an extensive background in motion tweening and animation.

check out this movie:

gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=887

99% of the movement in that movie was done by me.

aslo since you guys are working in 3DS max, there's a very good website I'd like to point out with reliable and reasonably priced motiondata for CS biped

Thanks again guys reading your threads has been very inspiring.

:)

Last edited:

Ky Puppy

Ok, I got some models out of RE4, but they don't look very good. I was wandering if someone who has done it with RE4 could give me some pointers on what settings to use in dolphin to get them looking good (I think that is my problem now). Here are some screens of what I got.

Village Top (Car Cutscene)

Village Bottom (Car Cutscene)

(Sofdec Everywhere)
Village

Village No Sky

Village No Sky Close Up (Leon, Car, and incorrect textures)

(Notice the typewriters?)
Leon

Policia Car

OP
Sercio

Sercio

hmmm really strange! It seems this rip did use wrong textures on the meshes! The sofdec logo shouldnt be on the sky around. First of all : Which Dolphin version do you use and which version of 3d ripper dx and 3dsmax do you have? And do you saw those "weird" textures also on dolphin or only in the ripped result?

montyoum00000

Maybe its off topic .... (sorry)
I was able to rip models from HL2 Episode 1 !!!
This tool is ******* unbelieveble !!
Next Time i try to Rip Luna from Nvidia tech demo and Link from Twilight Princess!

Hi Sercio

I just bought Half Life 2 Ep 1 but 3d Ripper doesn't seem to boot up for it
Do you need to bypass Steam in order to get 3D ripper to work or is it something else?

Thank ahead for any help you can give me.