What's new

Unable to Import Save File

BlazeBroker

Hi all,

Longtime user of emulators. I've recently had a problem that I have spent several hours on, and am unable to solve.

I was playing OoT:MQ on a RetroPie a friend gave me some years ago, using mupen64plus-auto setting. Eventually, I encountered a known bug where the Lens of Truth does not work properly.

No big deal, I'll just move the save to my computer and run it under PJ64 or a newer version of Mupen. It runs better on the computer anyway.

Well, here is the problem:

The RetroPie saves the file as "Zelda Ocarina of Time Master Quest.srm" -- I move that file, and of course, the latest version of Mupen does not recognize it, and PJ64 needs it to be converted.

I used a tool available online to convert the .SRM to a set of .EEP, .MPK, and .SRA files for PJ64. PJ64 only uses the .SRA.

After placing the the .SRA in the proper directory, I saw PJ64 writes the internal save as ZELDA MASTER QUEST.sra . The file is the same size as my SRA, just a different name. No problem-- I delete the new file and rename my existing SRA to match.

When I load the ROM, the save is not loaded and PJ64 overwrites it. What am I doing wrong?

Also, any idea how to get the old SRM to work with the latest mupen64plus?

I've really been banging my head on this one. I've attached my original SRM as well as the SRA file I got from the converter here, if anyone wants to have a look.

Thanks so much!

Attachments

• ootmq_saves.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 2
OP
B

BlazeBroker

Great question! For some reason when I try to make a save on mupen64plus on the RetroPie, it won't do it. Trying to load a savestate crashes the emulator.

I checked the configuration file and everything seems in order, so I'm really at a loss with this one.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.