What's new

UltraHLE Alpha/2064

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_great_d2

Well, since ShadowPrince has released his the source to UltraHLE Alpha, and said the UltraHLE 2064 can use his code, I wonder if they will.
<BR>I definitely think the UltraHLE Alpha GUI is much more user friendly.
<BR>However, with the emulation and coding background behind the UltraHLE 2064 team, I suspect they do very well in advancing compatibility.
<BR>I hope that perhaps they can take on ShadowPrince as a team member.
<BR>Anyhow, the future of UltraHLE looks bright.
<BR>I am happy right now.

IceLord

well im pretty sure the authors have said that they would not intergrate the gui of UHLE Alpha with UHLE2064.

UHLE2064's main goal, as i see it is compatability for now and gui later.

mmikeman

Yes I agree with that ...Adding more features to Ultrahle 2064 will just create more bugs than it already has..^_^

OP
T

the_great_d2

Code for a working GUI already exists.
<BR>The code is modular enough that it would not really effect the rest of the game code. In other words, the GUI is not part of the direct emulation code, but just a way to refer to it.
<BR>My major point is User friendliness. User friedliness is very important.
<BR>ShadowPrince has working GUI code which is user friendly. The majority of It should easily be integrated. The only difference is with respect to functions unique to only one of the two emulators which in turn would have to be represented in the 2064 GUI. But that is not a huge problem either. For example the 2064 version has a cheat menu. It would not have to be removed to integrate the rest.
<BR>Really, it would be mostly copy and paste.

Knuckles

About that, i putted back the source of UHEL Alpha on the site, I was not felling good last night. sorry....

MrTangix

To Be Continued...
bah! let the team make the emu the way they want to. if they want to use Alpha's GUI, i'm sure they can figure it out. if they don't want to, then just accept it. the choice is theirs. a bunch of ppl whining (not sure if you'd call it that) and begging won't do anything except clutter the board. a lot of these posts are just stating obvious facts (or opinions) that the dev team is already aware of.

PS. the 2064 team has already stated that shadowprince will NOT be on their dev team.

OP
T

the_great_d2

Who's whining? Who's demanding?

I'm here to state an opinion. That's kind of the purpose of a messageboard.

Anyhow, It really doesn't matter what happens in the end. I appreciate everything that these people are doing.

I'm not interested in arguing though...

You do have a point though. What you are talking about is common on messageboards.

I respect your opinion.

Hopefully next time we will have something positive to discuss.

Dee Dark

EmuTalk Ghost
Indeed, UHLE 2064 is quite a good piece of software...
and it´s up to the dev team to decide what to do or not with the emu...

I do not plan to make any public releases of Uhle Alpha in the future,after release of UHLE 2064, much advanced emulator based on the same source . Just hope ,that 2064 team will make use of parts of my gui code,to make emulator more user friendly .

...but since there´s an express permission about UHLE Alpha (i.e. no copyright infringement), and as users (at least a few ones + me) would really appreciate if the advancements of both emulators (namely, UHLEA gui and UHLE 2064 every other things) could be united into a single software, I could say that 'nihil obstat' to do it so...

Anyway, whatever be decided, I'm sure we, true emu fans, will be satisfied with the results... :)

[Have I told ya it's very good to see UHLE alive again?] :n64:

Last edited:

Dominator

I hope this will clear up things for good.

We won't use someone else's GUI because :

1- We can code a GUI on our own.
2- We will code a GUI on our own.

Thank you.

thumperward

Dominator said:
We won't use someone else's GUI because :

1- We can code a GUI on our own.
2- We will code a GUI on our own.

Of course you can. That's why you're working on the illegally-obtained source of an old, buggy and inefficient ROM runner.

Incidentally, nice to see the docs don't actually mention you're using eVoodoo.

- Chris

Slougi

thumperward said:
Of course you can. That's why you're working on the illegally-obtained source of an old, buggy and inefficient ROM runner.

Incidentally, nice to see the docs don't actually mention you're using eVoodoo.

- Chris
I think a little change in tone would be appropriate. (!)

thumperward

It would, but I was flaming. Two different graphics cards rebooting the machine and giving me a "The system has recovered from a serious error" will do that to a man.

- Chris

2fast4u

thumperward said:
It would, but I was flaming. Two different graphics cards rebooting the machine and giving me a "The system has recovered from a serious error" will do that to a man.

- Chris

first: if u can, do a better job
second: your tone is still inappropriate, no matter how you explain your statement.

appearantly, you have discovered a bug in the emulator that makes your system crash. this may happen but instead of snootily flaming the author, pointing out the problem would have been rather sufficient :)

thumperward

If I could do a better job, I wouldn't be posting, would I? I can't do a better job, which makes me a freeloading brat, and therefore I'm doing what all freeloading brats do, which is complain about software they're getting for free which other people are putting a lot of effort into. ;)

I know my tone was inappropriate, i was aware of that when I posted. I did an even worse one earlier on. I don't doubt I was being an annoying, flaming brat.

And lastly, it looks like they've got enough on their plate on the problems threads as-is, and I didn't get detailed notes of the crashes. I have no intention of deliberately breaking my graphics card and OS again in order to get more details, so I think I'll just wait for the next release and hope the problem isn't there.

- Chris

Johann

Chankast rocks ^^
thumperward said:
I have no intention of deliberately breaking my graphics card and OS again in order to get more details, so I think I'll just wait for the next release and hope the problem isn't there.

Then stop flaming the board and STFU. People like you makes me sick.

Last edited:

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
amen, thumper stfu and change your attitude before you find your ass getting kicked out of the door:angry:

thumperward

Planning on it. Incidentally, while it seems to be perfectly acceptable around here to be as rude as you want to anyone providing they go first, it isn't particularly nice.

- Chris

Martin

Administrator
Hmm...time to chill out, people? Flame wars is the last thing I want on New Years eve. :flowers:

Romboy

http://www.stormfront.org
thumperward said:

And lastly, it looks like they've got enough on their plate on the problems threads as-is, and I didn't get detailed notes of the crashes. I have no intention of deliberately breaking my graphics card and OS again in order to get more details, so I think I'll just wait for the next release and hope the problem isn't there.

- Chris

Smarty pants, ever heard of updating drivers?!!!

You should note, that you are indeed close to making alot of people mad. It seems that you don't want to help so keep your mouth shut. End of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.