What's new

TUTORIAL to fix graphical glitches...

Sercio

Some games on dolphin has bad graphical glitches but there is a easy way to fix some of them!
Go to the GFX plugin option and switch between the shaders! Try changing to pixel shader 2.0 and to "no shaders"! With some time and luck the game looks totaly different and is pretty close to the playable way!
here is a screenshot where you need to switch
23zt9.jpg

And here are some exampel from :

Mariokart before...
60244299gg0.jpg

and after switching 6 times...
98887831qg6.jpg

Super mario sunshine before...
23123sg0.jpg

and after switching 7 times...
36131229oi0.jpg

Good luck trying at home!

Last edited:

BlueFalcon7

Wow, that goes to show that the video plugin actually works (for the most part.) It is just glitchier than windows vista beta.

Same with Dolphin 64, if the devs worked on it a little more, just cleaning up some of the beta problems (and added a FPS control system for SSBM,) it would be a lot closer to the CG games.

Again, coders, Nice Job so far, keep at it!

diablo2121

teh diAbLo
Tried this with SoA: Legends, but it doesn't seem to improve glitches, just create more. Seems like any shader besides 2.0 causes textual glitches. I don't know what's going on, but SoAL has graphical glitches that make everything seem tinted red. It all happens at the same instances of emulation, ruling at random occurrences.

Knuckles

Actually, instead of turning on and off shaders, here's a faster way:

turn off shaders, and enable the overlays on the last tab. get back ingame, and then turn back off the overlays.

Shalafi

Gamecube-Less SSBM-Lover
Actually, instead of turning on and off shaders, here's a faster way:

turn off shaders, and enable the overlays on the last tab. get back ingame, and then turn back off the overlays.

I don't know why that should help...
Aren't overlays just GFX plugin information that is printed on the screen?

Changing shaders didn't really help me at SSBM. Terrain textures keep being drawn only in certain angles and when they're not drawn, they're black.

Only with "No shaders" the problem was different: The textures were like glass and some characters, like yoshi, look crappy.

LelandStanford

On the 64 bit version, I've noticed that artifacts previously rendered on the screen tend to alter subsequent renderings on the screen. For example, in SSBM, after the emu loads a particular stage (like Hyrule), the subsequent appearance of the title screen and certain backgrounds change (colorwise). This may very well be the same effect that occurs in Double Dash.