What's new

Trouble for modded xboxs?

Chibi Nick

Emutalk Member
Doomulation said:
Scanning through one's things is just stupid, however they put it. It isn't illegal, nor do I think it is a bad idea, but still...
This is all I have to it.
Actually it is illegal. Just like a police officer isn't allowed to search your house without permission (either from you or from a warrant). Microsoft is not allowed to do scans of your xBox without permission (although it might be written somewhere that you are supposed to agree to allow it before or something).

If MS would scan your system and detect something illegal. They could not use that in court. They also would be in big trouble if that came to court. Although I'm sure their high priced lawyers could figure something out. Although they probably have retained the right to ban anyone they want from xBox live somewhere.

:/

Soooooo it's not like they can do anything except ban you from xBox live.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Well, I'm sure that they would put it in a disclaimer so that the users would have to agree that m$ could scan the harddrive. Otherwise, it is, of course, illegal.

Trotterwatch

So is chipping the machine and circumnavigating the copy protection/installing a larger HD.

You are committing an illegal act also....6 of one, half a dozen of the other

And that M$ thing is soooo old, I actually wish someone would gouge my eyes out everytime I see it.

Doomulation

Didn't say I was doing it either. Don't even have an xbox.
Whatever ms is doing, it's not good. Just shows how they are with things. There's surely LOTS of spyware in windows too, only you do not realize it.

Trotterwatch

Some proof would be nice :) All these people come out with 'Microsoft are spying on you, but you don't know' never ever ever ever ever give proof. Not saying they don't, just saying people never give proof.

"There's surely LOTS" isn't really a compelling anti MS arguement.

Doomulation

I'm just assuming. But concidering THIS about the xbox...I do hope this isn't just speculations...might it not also be true then, that they do it elsewhere?
At least we've seen the hazrdeous registration for their newest products like office xp, methinks?