What's new

Time to upgrade from Vista to XP!

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
If you're still running Vista, then it's about time you upgrade to Windows XP!
http://dotnet.org.za/codingsanity/archive/2007/12/14/review-windows-xp.aspx

"Microsoft can really pat themselves on the back for a job well done, delivering an operating system which is much faster and far more reliable than its predecessor. Anyone who thinks there are problems in the Microsoft Windows team need only point to this fantastic release and scoff loudly.

Well done Microsoft!"

A.I.

Banned
lol, I already 'upgraded' to XP and skipped Vista. Best decision I ever made from the sounds of it. Maybe the next version willl be called Vista XP. :D

Last edited:

revl8er

That Damn Good
I had vista installed on my laptop with a dual boot of XP on it. I finally got tired of Vista and deleted the partition completely.

Cyberman

Vista is a MS rip off of OSX with the usual Microsoft control fecal excrement thrown in.

Bottom line Vista acceptance is not by big corps. It's too damn expensive to upgrade too and many companies have been offering downgrades since June (I posted that here a while back).

MS is pinning there hopes on Office 2008 and bungling I mean bundling to get sales up. Most people just aren't interested in using up there computer resources to run an OS (instead of doing what they want).

By MS standards Vista is a failure.

Cyb

smcd

Also, the first service pack isn't out yet - lots of businesses wait until after the first service release to even consider upgrading... saves (some) headaches :p

SuperSonic2K

Lord of the Flies
I'd rather use DOS than trying to tweak around with Vista. At least DOS allowed direct access of hardware, and was a nice, viable gaming platform, though too bad multitasking wasn't much of a reality. How I miss the "bad" old days. Vista is in my opinion bordering along Windows 3.x in terms of suckiness.

With my laptop though, since I bought it off-the-shelf (and not directly from the manufacturer), I was stuck with Vista, and as soon as I got it I wiped the drive clean and put my own XP installation on it, and the proper drivers weren't even hard to find.

MS just keeps butchering already-set standards (HTML, Java, etc.); try to find a bunch of pages that don't load correctly in Firefox, for instance. And they butcher their own just to keep you in a perpetual "upgrade" cycle - the transition from Office 95 to 97 was for the most part a disaster for veteran users of the former version (including myself), and they just had to change it all again with 2007.

Vista and Office 2007 are two things we refuse to install on our work computers, but what can you do when Microsuck's got a stranglehold on the corporate software sector (especially since they're not gonna support XP forever). I gots to start learning more about Linux quick then lol.

Toasty

Sony battery
Hmm... Did it come with a new computer and did you have no choice of another operating system? If so then that's... okay... I guess. But otherwise, let's all make fun of FlotsamX!!! ;)

FlotsamX

Hmm... Did it come with a new computer and did you have no choice of another operating system? If so then that's... okay... I guess. But otherwise, let's all make fun of FlotsamX!!! ;)

No, no... you're right. DAMNIT.

... You're the reason I post all these worries about if I'm able to run this and that program. You people have made me paranoid. o_O

talker

Couldn't agree more!
That's why i chose WinXP Pro 64bit when I build my new computer for a month ago.