What's new

Thoughts about upgrade

I.S.T.

They have better speed. For now. We'll see how it turns out as the processors scale in speed.
And actually, I don't really care.
I want a safe upgrade plan and I don't like Intel.
With AM2+, I should be able to upgrade processor in the future w/o switching motherboard since the processors thus far have been backwards compatible.
That mentioned, however, I'm not planning an upgrade right away. It's something I have in mind only. When the time is right and the economy allows, I'm upgrading to lay out a safe path to the future.

ever seen benchmarks of an OCed Core 2? They're insane, to put it mildly. They scale better.

You've got a point on the upgrading CPU without switching motherboards. Intel is about to transition to a new socket(Well, two) with their Nehalem CPUs. Those CPUs won't even fit into an LGA 775 socket.

OP
Doomulation

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
ever seen benchmarks of an OCed Core 2? They're insane, to put it mildly. They scale better.

I haven't really paid attention to any cpu benchmark at all for a long time. It will only be interesting to see benchmarks when there are some interesting news regarding the phenom vs. core 2 (or core4?) war, or when there comes out new products from the two giants.