What's new

This doesn't make sense...

Ok I'm going insane here. Both project 64 and 1964 are freezing in Goldeneye and Perfect Dark for no real reason. I have tried different audio and video plugin combos and it appears that nothing helps!

I don't get it.....HOW can this happening if its not the fault of the plugins? The emulators? Why would both Project 64 AND 1964 freeze when they are completely different?

Someone please help me.....I'm getting sick of this and nothing seems to help!! :ranting:

OP

I added my specs to my sig for further reference. I don't get any error messages, it just stops dead in its tracks....the FPS counter still continues but the video is halted and frozen. My drivers are all up to date (video,sound,chipset,etc) :smurf:

I'm using a perfect (!) (pun not intended) U.S. version of Perfect Dark so I know its not the rom.

I just don't understand how *both* emulators can have this same issues.....:huh:

4real

The problem could be due to hardware fault.

I had the emu freeze and crash on me a while back, i fount out that my cpu was getting to hot replaced fan with new one everythink was working ok again.

This is only an option to think about does any other app's or pc games freeze
/crash.

OP

4real said:
The problem could be due to hardware fault.

I had the emu freeze and crash on me a while back, i fount out that my cpu was getting to hot replaced fan with new one everythink was working ok again.

This is only an option to think about does any other app's or pc games freeze
/crash.

Nope, nothing. Thing is, in 1964 after the game freezes I can alt-enter to get out of fullscreen and the FPS counter is still going. For fun I quickly checked my video card and CPU temps and they were very normal, even cooler than usual (The emu doesn't seem to ask for much)

I don't know what to assume here...the games will be running perfect 60fps one minute, then suddenly it halts. No error messages, no windows crashes or other problems. Its like the game skips a beat and doesn't continue. :plain:

This is driving me insane......I can play for 2 hours, or 5 minutes. Its completely random. It can be during a firefight, or me just walking down a corridor. I can't fathom the cause of these freezing events.