What's new

The white GFX problem... GRRRRR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redah

Go Sweden! Not!
Administrator
So, I had Windows XP. Bought a Radeon9700 Pro. Installed drivers. PJ was working verrrry nicely.

So I upgrade to SP-1. No problems, still working verrrry nicely.

So, I format. I install Windows XP. I install SP-1. I install the same drivers as before the format.

Everything's defaulted... but PJ has gone wacko. Not just ordinary wacko... but severely wacko.

So, I install the drivers again. No solution. I read that this dude installed DirectX again. Did that, no solution (it doesn't even copy anything if you have XP).

Well, look what it does:

pj64woes.jpg

Doesn't that look nice? And look at the FPS! For crying out loud, this is a AthlonXP 2000+ with 512MB RAM and a Radeon9700!

Braveheart

The problem is that Nintendo have found out that you have an illegal ROM of Banjo Tooie and they are currently "hax0ring j00r box" and making your emulator "screw0rz up".

Yes, that's the problem.

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
OMG Redah!!! I wish I could get those kind of results from my computer, I can't believe that I get colour in that game, I really wanted the "31337" with look. Damn my computer

OP
Redah

Redah

Go Sweden! Not!
Administrator
f00k j00

If Nintendo saw all the Nintendo stuff at my house... they'd gimme a job...

aprentice

Solution:

Maybe your really not having gfx glitches and the game is really like that? Think about it for a second, do you have proof the game wasnt like that before? :happy:

Duncan

N64 Addict
You said "So I upgrade to SP-1. No problems, still working verrrry nicely" "So, I format. I install Windows XP. I install SP-1. I install the same drivers as before the format."

If it was working so nicely, then why did you Format the HD and reinstall?, look at your post, all your probs happened AFTER you formatted and re-installed, hope you installed/formatted correctly (NTFC, etc.), or your probs are just beginning.

I would completely delete all PJ and PJ related files/folders, then delete all PJ and related Registry lines, then reboot, then install a fresh PJ 1.5 and see what happens, if not then its a setting(s) or the drivers for the video card.

Stezo2k

S-2K
i heard sum1 fixed this problem by reinstalling dx 8, u should try it, and Btw Hiya Redah :) i remember reading your news posts on emu64 back in '99 :)

Stez

Stezo2k

S-2K
oh yeah, sorry i skimmed the post, i dont tend to read slowly. Anwyays i'd recomend u get that direct x patch, if u dont have the patch the gfx in GTA3 are very like that, that may be your prob. I dont know the url cuz i uninstalled GTA3, but many ppl have it may help ya

Stez

Trotterwatch

That patch will already have been included in SP1 though....still worth a try, just in case MS didn't include it for one reason or another.

Were the drivers you installed for the Radeon identical to the previous drivers? ATI for example, may have made a slight update to them.

OP
Redah

Redah

Go Sweden! Not!
Administrator
If scoured around and found some leaked, unofficial drivers which seem to have fixed the problem.

Which is VERY odd, because I used the same -official- drivers as before without problems... really, really odd...

BTW Duncan... I format like once a month... I know what I'm doing :) Not to brag or anything but I'm quite cunning when it comes to hardware/software problems.... this particular problem just didn't make any sense whatsoever ???

Stezo2k

S-2K
Redah said:
If scoured around and found some leaked, unofficial drivers which seem to have fixed the problem.

Which is VERY odd, because I used the same -official- drivers as before without problems... really, really odd...

BTW Duncan... I format like once a month... I know what I'm doing :) Not to brag or anything but I'm quite cunning when it comes to hardware/software problems.... this particular problem just didn't make any sense whatsoever ???

good to see you fixed it, well we all know ATI drivers suck, so that must of been the prob btw how come u format every month? is there any need?

Stez

Trotterwatch

I am using a PC at the moment with a Radeon card in it, the latest Catalyst drivers are not actually that bad, I've experienced no probs with any games as of yet. The first driver set of ATIs that have been of any use.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
yay, project64 team vindicated again. /me does pelvic thrusting movements.

don't worry, i'm amusing myself

Zilla

夢を見られた
Redah said:
So, I had Windows XP. Bought a Radeon9700 Pro. Installed drivers. PJ was working verrrry nicely.

So I upgrade to SP-1. No problems, still working verrrry nicely.

So, I format. I install Windows XP. I install SP-1. I install the same drivers as before the format.

Everything's defaulted... but PJ has gone wacko. Not just ordinary wacko... but severely wacko.

So, I install the drivers again. No solution. I read that this dude installed DirectX again. Did that, no solution (it doesn't even copy anything if you have XP).

Well, look what it does:

pj64woes.jpg

Doesn't that look nice? And look at the FPS! For crying out loud, this is a AthlonXP 2000+ with 512MB RAM and a Radeon9700!
Blimey rrrrrrrandom...happened to me aswell once, though with my Geforce 4 Ti4600...Computers these days prove that 1+1 doesn't always equal 2...:plain:

Acorn

1 + 1 does equal 2, it just proves that not all computers are smart enough to know that :bunny:

Duncan

N64 Addict
Redah, i hear ya, and glad its all set now :) Dam Radeon cards, or should i say the drivers, ATI drivers have allways been a pain in the azz.

OP
Redah

Redah

Go Sweden! Not!
Administrator
Acorn said:
1 + 1 does equal 2, it just proves that not all computers are smart enough to know that :bunny:

1 + 1 always equals 2 ?

1 politician + 1 politician does NOT equal 2 honest men :p

Status
Not open for further replies.