What's new

The games of January

Allnatural

post 'em if you got 'em

january08.jpg

attachments seem to be broken...

revl8er

That Damn Good
Haven't had a chance to play either of those. Let me know if summoner2 is any good, I might give it a shot later on.

I was able to pick up a copy of Call of Duty 4 yesterday and I must say the game is great. Definitely worth a chance if you guys enjoy FPS games.

OP
Allnatural

Allnatural

Haven't had a chance to play either of those. Let me know if summoner2 is any good, I might give it a shot later on.
Heh, could be a long time before I get around to it. I've played a bit, and while the combat is a tad clunky and the graphics are very dated, something about it just feels right. Perhaps it's because I'm so used to the typical, angsty jRPG. It's nice to play something with a decidedly western feel.

It was only 5.99 at Gamestop (used), so I won't lose any sleep if it turns out to be a dud.

Last edited:

Cyberman

I have yet to survive the first part of Summoner 2 (IE the start of the game).
Summoner I like quite a bit better, it's MUCH easier to deal with combat (IE it does it for you) I think they tried to make it an action adventure instead of an RPG and got .. what it is.
And ironically I have Summoner and Summoner 2 (I got them in January at Game Stop) :D

Cyb

smcd

Perhaps it's because I'm so used to the typical, angsty jRPG. It's nice to play something with a decidedly western feel.

I feel this way about most console and portable games these days :( Nothing against japanese influence as many of the games are still fun, but I like more originality in art design than is currently being shown.