What's new

The FPS in uosnes is low

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Okay, why does the fps in Uosnes fluctuate between 50 to 57 fps? I don't understand why an emulator, let alone an SFC/Super Nintendo, would do this on a 2.03 GHz CPU with 512MB DDR PC3200 RAM and a eVGA GeForce FX 5700LE.

OP
dragon_rider

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Yeah, if I just listen to the music, I can tell that the fps is not 60/60. This I do not get, it hasn't done this before. Do you think it's a spyware-related problem? Or is it the fact that uosnes has so many emulation hacks that causes this issue?

Clements

dragon_rider said:
Or is it the fact that uosnes has so many emulation hacks that causes this issue?

That is the most likely cause. The emulator splices several emulators together and has more than double the specific game hacks as Snes9x. Bound to cause problems with some games at least.

OP
dragon_rider

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
It started about 4 or so days ago for some obscure reason. I use uosnes mostly because the sound is superior to Zsnes' sound IMO. Well, getting back to the fps issues, this happens in every game I play. That's it, I think I'll go back to using SnesGT... Okay, I changed the Auto Frameskip to "0" instead of "Auto" and the framerate it now normal 60/60. Now tell me, how could changing that one thing fix it??

otomo

Sounds like some sort of disk activity is going on, try checking with the task manager if there is some process that is eating up cpu cycles, most likely spyware. I have a 2600+ xp processor and the speed is fine.

Clements said:
That is the most likely cause. The emulator splices several emulators together and has more than double the specific game hacks as Snes9x. Bound to cause problems with some games at least.

That is disinformation Clements, come on, you`re better than that!

otomo

he is having problems most likely caused by spyware, not by uosnes hacks, that`s what I was referring to, I won`t deny or defend uosnes and it`s hacks, I still remember when it was normal for every emulator from mame (when it was a different emulator for a dozen games) to nesticle to have as many hacks as needed, so it`s not much of a problem for me.

From what I see on that topic nash is being overly anal to sanmaiwashi. He can say all he wants, he is a zsnes developer, but I don`t see bsnes or snes9x developers fainting around for the same reason, byuu is even willing to help. Nevertheless, everyone is entitled their own opinions.

Now, I apologize if I didn`t make myself clear, I referring strictly to the spyware part.

OP
dragon_rider

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Hacks for every Super Famicom ROM or not, I still like the sound in Uosnes better than Zsnes' (mostly for the games that have use heavy SPC700timing, like Chrono Trigger and Kirby's Superstar). The weird thing is that it didn't happen until recently. BTW, this 50/60 fps happens in all ROMs IIRC. Maybe I should stick to another emu such as SnesGT...?

OP
dragon_rider

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Hmmm...Getting rid of the spyware/malware didn't solve jack squat. It also seems that going through various emulation configuration combinations doesn't help, either. (The reason I posted again is because this website doesn't save my logged-in status after I post a message). I think there might be some obscure processes running in the background. Isn't there a run command that opens up a program which lets you tell Windows XP what to load and what not to load?

otomo

otomo said:
Sounds like some sort of disk activity is going on, try checking with the task manager if there is some process that is eating up cpu cycles, most likely spyware. I have a 2600+ xp processor and the speed is fine.

as I said, check with the task manager if there is any running task eating up cpu time or too much memory.

uosnesw.exe uses more or less 50% of the cpu time on my system, for a solid 60/60 frames.

another thing that you might want to check is fragmentation level on your hd, not very common tough.

OP
dragon_rider

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
I don't notice any other processes, and uosnes doesn't take up much CPU time. Is there anyway to tell windows not to load processes?

OP
dragon_rider

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
I don't know for certain what was changed, but I simply gave up on messing with the config, so I delete the .cfg file and it fixed the framerate issue. That
I'll never understand....BTW, I've a feeling the problem might've been graphic filter related. What I mean is having it one filter makes the fps 30/60 (w/normal tempo in the music) and another 60/60. I think it's videocard related as well. Well no matter, I get full speed in all games nonetheless.