What's new

The Count decided to download Dolphin!

CountChocula0

Count Chocula!
Greetings. I am Count Chocula!

Ok really. I finally established a proper Gamecube/PC connection and I'm backing up my games. My brother decided to tell me about the Dolphin Nintendo Gamecube Emulator and I tried it out, and I have to say; I'm liking it so far. I'm a new user to these forums, and I'd wish to contribute to the project.

If it's not any harm, I'd like to post information about games that work in the (current[1.03]) emulator, and games that don't. How would I go about doing this? Would I make a new topic with the game title, game information, screenshots, computer system specifications, and game playability, or would I post in a previously created topic?

I currently own(NTSC vers of):
Phantasy Star Online Episode I&II
Phantasy Star Online Episode III: Card Revolution
Battalion Wars
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Action Replay
Gameboy Player
Lost Kingdoms II
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Soul Calibur II
Gladius
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Mario Sunshine
Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle

tehdarkknight

StepMania Addict
Oh, and try to post thumbnails instead of full screenshots, full pictures tend to ouch the 56k users and they take up a lot of space. Of the games you listed, I don't think Battalion Wars or Gladius has been tested, so Enjoy!

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
I think most of those games (if not all) have been tested. But if you really want to help more, try to find some games not on CKemu's compat list, and post your results there.

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
tehdarkknight said:
Oh, and try to post thumbnails instead of full screenshots, full pictures tend to ouch the 56k users and they take up a lot of space. Of the games you listed, I don't think Battalion Wars or Gladius has been tested, so Enjoy!
thumbs are created automatically...

tehdarkknight

StepMania Addict
Its not imageshack or anything, its just that some people managed to post a whole picture, and it didn't get thumbnailed.

ok i downloaded ver. 1.03

I new to the Gamecube emulator. Where do i download the roms to?
I'm familiar with emuls. I have all the console emus. Need help with this one.

BlueFalcon7

open them with the dolphin, they might not be recognized by the dolphin for reasons of:
1. the iso is not unzipped (like winrar or winzip)
2. when you first set up the dolphin, it asks you where the directories of the isos are
3. there is no file extension for the iso or it is .iso, rename it to .gcm, if it wont change, on "my computer", go to tools -> folder options -> click on the "view" tab and uncheck the "hide extensions for known filetypes" then rename it to [file name].gcm

if you are asking where to get GC isos, that I cannot answer and you will be banned in a little bit.

Knuckles

FLYSWATTER said:
I new to the Gamecube emulator. Where do i download the roms to?
I'm familiar with emuls. I have all the console emus. Need help with this one.

read the rules.

lemoneasy

He said download the roms to, not from, I think he meant where do you put them, making that ban a little out of turn :p.

OP
C

CountChocula0

Count Chocula!
Oh man, I'm having problems with the emulator. When I find a game that actually works, like Sonic Adventure 2 or Metroid Prime 2, after 5-10 mins of gameplay, my computer will "shut down" to the ultimate blue screen of death, the one with the "System error" then all that technical stuff. Does anyone know how I could fix this problem?

Oh, you know FLYSWATTER could mean download from the gamecube to the computer, but the english used sais he wasn't doing that anyway. :p

Coco

CountChocula0 said:
Oh man, I'm having problems with the emulator. When I find a game that actually works, like Sonic Adventure 2 or Metroid Prime 2, after 5-10 mins of gameplay, my computer will "shut down" to the ultimate blue screen of death, the one with the "System error" then all that technical stuff. Does anyone know how I could fix this problem?

Oh, you know FLYSWATTER could mean download from the gamecube to the computer, but the english used sais he wasn't doing that anyway. :p

That is a HW error with your computer. Most likely due to poor ventilation in your case. I'd suggest getting better airflow. You most likely won't have to do too much to fix it. The only reason dolphin causes it to happen is because it runs the CPU at 100% for prolonged periods of times and most other apps arn't nearly as taxing.

Since you arn't crashing all the time that most likely means dolphin is just barely pushing you over the heat limit, which means opening it up and blowing the dust off the heatsink may be enough to resolve the issues.